Did you mean: 

Bug report Zenfone 5 Android 9

Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Android 9.0
Frequency of Occurrence: No idea
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Last edited by LostSonOfAragorn on 2019/1/24 21:18 Bugs that I found on Android 9 (I updated the phone via Fota) 24 JANUARY UPDATE : With the last firmware update (21 Jan) listed issues seems fine.Except the Pixel type navigation , clock and cropped app name (ss of the topic) I classify them as fixed or not fixed so you can look at it. :) -Cannot see the nearby Wi-Fi names and Bluetooth devices' names (Quick Settings Screen) (FIXED) -Pixel type nav-bar is not working properly (if you pull it fast animations seem laggy) (NOT FIXED) -Unusual usage of Google Play Services (My usage is same as oreo so it shouldn't happen)(FIXED) -Auto brightness is not well adjusted (It is not working good for example if it detects your shadow as low light condition even there is enough light.(FIXED) -Clock is very near to the edge it is a big mistake I closed the battery percentage to get rid of this on Oreo but with Android 9 battery icon changed and clock is very near to the edge again.(NOT FIXED) -Update1: When an app sending its' second notification name of the app seems cropped (NOT FIXED)
56 REPLIES 56

Last edited by LostSonOfAragorn on 2019/1/6 14:39 Everybody reported their bugs and explained it clearly but you classified this as "more information needed".If it is not stable enough what is the point of giving an update ? Thanks Asus  I found these problems today. 1-Name of the app that sending notification is cropped.Like if Google is sending you a notification you see just "gle" at the notification bar.I uploaded the screenshot. 2-Another thing is the space between left side notifications' (left side of notch) is more than right and it seems asymmetric.Not a big deal but they were not like that before update.You better not touch to the notification bar.Thanks again Asus.

Snowjet
Star I
Still don't have the pie update in the Netherlands

raalf
Star I
Also to add. I noticed that the icons on the status bar looks dull and pixelated in a way

Snowjet posted on 2019/1/6 15:40 Still don't have the pie update in the Netherlands
You are lucky for using a stable firmware.Believe me I miss Oreo. It is not bad at all but it has lots of bugs and problems , its' only good side is phone seems quicker than Oreo despite more RAM usage. I wish it was more stable and debugged.It's just OK now. 🙂

emreunal9
Star I
Sometimes on home screen  phone not responding for touching but in other menus it is working perfectly. After lock/unlock phone it is working too. İt seems only home screen