Did you mean: 

Bug report Zenfone 5 Android 9

Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Android 9.0
Frequency of Occurrence: No idea
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Last edited by LostSonOfAragorn on 2019/1/24 21:18 Bugs that I found on Android 9 (I updated the phone via Fota) 24 JANUARY UPDATE : With the last firmware update (21 Jan) listed issues seems fine.Except the Pixel type navigation , clock and cropped app name (ss of the topic) I classify them as fixed or not fixed so you can look at it. :) -Cannot see the nearby Wi-Fi names and Bluetooth devices' names (Quick Settings Screen) (FIXED) -Pixel type nav-bar is not working properly (if you pull it fast animations seem laggy) (NOT FIXED) -Unusual usage of Google Play Services (My usage is same as oreo so it shouldn't happen)(FIXED) -Auto brightness is not well adjusted (It is not working good for example if it detects your shadow as low light condition even there is enough light.(FIXED) -Clock is very near to the edge it is a big mistake I closed the battery percentage to get rid of this on Oreo but with Android 9 battery icon changed and clock is very near to the edge again.(NOT FIXED) -Update1: When an app sending its' second notification name of the app seems cropped (NOT FIXED)
56 REPLIES 56

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/1/4 15:33 Hello LostSonOfAragorn and All, Thanks for your inquiry. -Cannot see the nearby Wi-Fi names and Bluetooth devices' names (Quick Settings Screen) >> (1.) WiFi SSID no showing in quick settings, this issue will be fixed in the future firmware update. (2.) The Bluetooth no showing and the blank edit page in quick settings, I would suggest you restore the ZenUI launcher for a check. (settings > apps & notifications > see all apps> app info>ZenUI Launcher > storage & memory >manager space > delete app data) -Pixel type nav-bar is not working properly (if you pull it fast animations seem laggy) >> Do you mean the developer option animation scale will go back to the default settings if you switch to 5x? If yes. we have passed this case to our tech team. -Unusual usage of Google Play Services (My usage is same as oreo so it shouldn't happen) >> Could kindly describe more about this problem? If your Google service is on version 14.7.99, please kindly restore it for a check. (settings > apps & notifications > see all apps> app info>Google service> storage & memory >manager space > delete app data -Auto brightness is not well adjusted (It is not working good for example if it detects your shadow as low light condition even there is enough light. >> This case still under investigation, we'll keep you update on progress. -Clock is very near to the edge it is a big mistake I closed the battery percentage to get rid of this on Oreo but with Android 9 battery icon changed and clock is very near to the edge again. >> We've reported this matter to our tech team. Thank you and have a nice day.

ZenFone-DRW
Star II
Long time "ASUS SIGNATURE" Phones are outdated as always. When they release new android version, there a tons of bug  Same as year 2014. Nothing change. Oh come on Asus

Last edited by LostSonOfAragorn on 2019/1/4 21:41
Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/1/4 09:21 Hello LostSonOfAragorn and All, Thanks for your inquiry.
I cleaned the cache of ZenUI Launcher but Bluetooth problem is not fixed.Notification bar editing menu is the same. I didn't see Google Play Services on the Battery usage menu today so I think it was about an app About the animations - Yes you get that right please investigate this.Animations seems laggy on Pixel type nav-bar. Not Asus's own nav-bar , it works pretty well. And another thing is Audiwoizard lost a few of auido profiles.Many users bought this phone for audio if you investigate this it would be good thnaks... 🙂

JK90
Star I
bryanvillalongja posted on 2019/1/4 12:30 I dont have the bugs you have mentioned except the one where the clock is near the edge. My google p ...
Do you mean that you can't see on the notification panel if your app is downloading or not?

Bryan
Star I
Mine shows no less or no usage at all compared to the screenshot given.