Did you mean: 

Bug report Zenfone 5 Android 9

Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Android 9.0
Frequency of Occurrence: No idea
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Last edited by LostSonOfAragorn on 2019/1/24 21:18 Bugs that I found on Android 9 (I updated the phone via Fota) 24 JANUARY UPDATE : With the last firmware update (21 Jan) listed issues seems fine.Except the Pixel type navigation , clock and cropped app name (ss of the topic) I classify them as fixed or not fixed so you can look at it. :) -Cannot see the nearby Wi-Fi names and Bluetooth devices' names (Quick Settings Screen) (FIXED) -Pixel type nav-bar is not working properly (if you pull it fast animations seem laggy) (NOT FIXED) -Unusual usage of Google Play Services (My usage is same as oreo so it shouldn't happen)(FIXED) -Auto brightness is not well adjusted (It is not working good for example if it detects your shadow as low light condition even there is enough light.(FIXED) -Clock is very near to the edge it is a big mistake I closed the battery percentage to get rid of this on Oreo but with Android 9 battery icon changed and clock is very near to the edge again.(NOT FIXED) -Update1: When an app sending its' second notification name of the app seems cropped (NOT FIXED)
56 REPLIES 56

JK90
Star I
I have the same problems too. What about the animation scale? Can you change yours? Coz i can't change mine. Whenever i change it to .5x it goes back to 2x.

JK90 posted on 2019/1/3 20:42 I have the same problems too. What about the animation scale? Can you change yours? Coz i can't chan ...
Yes same situation here I can't change animations and some of the animations seem laggy so I switched my nav-bar Pixel Type to the Asus nav-bar. And another thing is RAM usage.I don't install too many apps I barely see 2.3Gb(OREO) but I see 2.9 on the new update.Just annoying :'(

JK90
Star I
LostSonOfAragorn posted on 2019/1/4 02:58 Yes same situation here I can't change animations and some of the animations seem laggy so I switc ...
We exactly have the same problems. Sometimes my home screen would flicker. With regard to the RAM, even if i will only open 2 apps RAM will be 2.9 or 3.0! That's insane! I never experienced that with Oreo.

cedreaux
Star I
help . im from philippines . and using zenfone 5 . i dont have the updates for android p yet . ive been frequently visiting the system updates on the setting ,yet no update is available . pls help