This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Crush Issue on my Screen

akhilj66
Rising Star II
In dark scenes there is black screen issue and watching experience is ruined. After reading different forums it is said that it is a software issue, if that's the case, then we need a patch.
Can anybody please confirm this issue.
I have also posted an image for reference, if you too see strange greyish colours in this image above 30% brightness then you also have a black crush issue, please confirm that this issue is in every unit or just mine.
1RSP397492X0.jpg
Please google black crush for more details.
10 REPLIES 10

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Please be more detailed. Where can I find the same video?

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Here is one more image you can see texture in hairs is getting crushed.
88I1ZZCL45DJ.jpg
This is on Amazon Prime.
Startup Season 2 episode 10.
Also in dark scenes there is heavy pixelation in dark areas. You can watch the invisible man or any other movie which has lot of dark scenes in that it is very much evident.
Dark areas turn greyish/greenish and make it look abnormal.

dev_utkarsh
Star I
Hi @akhilj66
I am here to accompany you. I got my Asus ROG 2 in mid July 2020 and out of curiosity updated to A10 to version 17..0230..2004.60. I am seeing very bad Black Crush on netflix, little less on primevideo and very less on youtube.
Do you think it is Software issue or might be a hardware issue with AMOLED screen for Asus. I am not sure yet. Should I return the phone because it does matters a lot to me too..
I don't see much users complaining about it also, maybe they never noticed or they aren't facing.
What are your findings till now ? Or any workaround if you have found.
Wish to hear from you.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Are you guys using 120hz refresh rate? Does it get better when you use 60hz or 90hz?