This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why red tint is still present after A10 update?

akhilj66
Rising Star II
I and many others have reported this issue.
I want to know whether it can be fixed by software patch or it's an issue with my unit, in that case I'll need to take my phone to service center.
Please respond, I need answers.
@Anders_ASUS
@CH_ASUS
@LP_ASUS
67 REPLIES 67

OPC
Zen Master II
Anders_ASUS

Phone cameras tend to exaggerate the warmth of colors in darkness so it looks worse in the picture than it actually is. With that said, it might be that @akhilj66 has more red tint than others. The only way to find out is to visit ASUS Service Center once the lock down has ended

View post
I agree to that.

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
Anders_ASUS

Phone cameras tend to exaggerate the warmth of colors in darkness so it looks worse in the picture than it actually is. With that said, it might be that @akhilj66 has more red tint than others. The only way to find out is to visit ASUS Service Center once the lock down has ended

View post
Why would a phone camera exaggerate one photo and not the other taken in similar environment ?

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
akhilj66

ZH2KE923IIIX.jpg

My S7 lowest brightness, no red tint.

View post
akhilj66

16IP4DRDR9G9.jpg

Lowest brightness red tint on my Asus Rog Phone 2.

View post
@Anders_ASUS why would this difference occur ?

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

View post
Can you guys atleast confirm if this is a software or hardware issue. Because from what I understand it is more of a colour calibration issue then the panel issue.
Also I compared my phone to a close friend of mine, he to has same degree of tint.
If it can be fixed by update then we wait but if it's hardware then only we'd go to service center.
And as @deeppaul589 said, there are over the top software available but that's not optimal. So it means it can be corrected.
Please make it a priority in your next patch.

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

View post
It might be possible that there can be little bit warmth added by the camera.
But there is no denying to the face that the issue is present and it bothers me a lot. Most of the time when I use my phone, its brightness is less then 40%. And I use my phone to watch a lot of movies as Amoled produce very good colors but that red tint messes up the colors.
Let us know what if anything you guys are doing to fix it.