This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not fork the open source Lawnchair Launcher ?

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
The opensource Lawnchair Launcher has 1000 times more functionality than the default launcher. Why not extent their work to make a good launcher for this device ?
3 REPLIES 3

Aryan202
Community Legend I
deeppaul589

The opensource Lawnchair Launcher has 1000 times more functionality than the default launcher. Why not extent their work to make a good launcher for this device ?

Why not fork the open source Lawnchair Launcher ?
May I ask you what "functionality" are you talking about?
Stock Zen UI launcher covers almost everything and is good
It doesn't matter if lawnchair is open source or not
Do you think any OEM would ditch their skin/launcher cos something else works better? sorry but that's not the case
Zen UI launcher has some good features like:
Quickswitch enabled
App lock/hide app
Smart group (basically you can customise the whole app drawer)
There are ton of widgets and customisation options available in the stock launcher

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
Functionality like lot of customisations. App hiding, individual dark/light selection.
And no I don't think Asus would ditch their OEM launchers, but they could add support for 3rd party launchers.

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/18410/why-not-fork-the-open-source-lawnchair-launcher

May I ask you what "functionality" are you talking about?

Stock Zen UI launcher covers almost everything and is good

It doesn't matter if lawnchair is open source or not

Do you think any OEM would ditch their skin/launcher cos something else works better? sorry but that's not the case

Zen UI launcher has some good features like:

Quickswitch enabled

App lock/hide app

Smart group (basically you can customise the whole app drawer)

There are ton of widgets and customisation options available in the stock launcher

View post
I never used default launcher until Android 10. Widgets ?? Widgets are independent of launcher Lol.