This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why red tint is still present after A10 update?

akhilj66
Rising Star II
I and many others have reported this issue.
I want to know whether it can be fixed by software patch or it's an issue with my unit, in that case I'll need to take my phone to service center.
Please respond, I need answers.
@Anders_ASUS
@CH_ASUS
@LP_ASUS
67 REPLIES 67

Mayendra
Rising Star II
akhilj66

I expect answers Asus team.

@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS @CH_ASUS

View post
rip

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
I've found a temporary fix
1% brightness
JMR3ORI2I2G4.jpg
10% brightness
RPOCX2TBPBWI.jpg
>30% brightness
9WWNAP34FKEC.jpg
With these settings I get neutral color on my screen
For @Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS @CH_ASUS you could see there is an inverse relation between filter strength and brightness, keeping color sliders fixed(though I've changed). May be you could use this knowledge to fix the red tint issue.

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
For greater than ~40% the filter strength can be made 0 , there is no noticeable tinting.

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS @ch810099@ch810099@CH_ASUS you could collect data from multiple users to find out what could be a near suitable calibration. As far as I understand hardware issue or not this can be solved through software. Solution may not be optimum but it could be close to optimum.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Phone cameras tend to exaggerate the warmth of colors in darkness so it looks worse in the picture than it actually is. With that said, it might be that @akhilj66 has more red tint than others. The only way to find out is to visit ASUS Service Center once the lock down has ended