cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOTA update

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
2GTJGTE2THUX.png
It's finally here, now the question is to proceed or not considering the multiple bug reports after the update. What do you guys think?
26 REPLIES 26

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
pratiksonihbk

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/51823#Comment_51823

Hi....i found a new bug in a10.... First i foorti flashed manually and didn't find the issue... Than i did factory reset and installed a10... And found the bug...

Than i rolled back to a9... And bug gone...

But then updated again through fota... And bug appears..

So the bug is.... When i am connected through Bluetooth and i switch media player while playing eg from power amp to Google Play music then playback switches to gpm and plays but sound disappears even with speakers no matter what i play....

Restart only does the trick .... Pls check this...

One more thing.... If i pause the playback and then switch the music player then this does not happen... Pls pay attention to this ..

View post
Can you please try and capture it in a video?

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
pratiksonihbk

Try different games by altering settings to different levels e.g x mode off , mid level performance, anti aliasing on/off... And see if performance drops or not..

I had Bluetooth blank sound issue... So if u have Bluetooth headset , try switching different media players while playing and see if sound goes off or not..

Thankyou

View post
Day 7: Tried multiple settings with Asphalt 9, CoD mobile and Mobile Legends, anti-aliasing off, x mode on and off. Low, mid, high and ultra settings (if applicable). No stuttering, issues, frame drops or heating issues. Exact same as what it is on A9. Sorry I don't have a Bluetooth headset on hand but I tried using a Bluetooth speaker and there were no issues, audio while playing minimized and opened spotify and youtube and switched around.
That's one week folks! To recap the only issues I got were chrome freezing for a couple of seconds (one instance and never occurred again) and AudioWizard service crashing (fixed by clearing data on the app and service together with a restart).
Pros: Snappier UI, better battery, thermal and ram management and of course the perks of A10 and the updated security patches.
For anyone that received the FOTA and are contemplating whether to proceed with the update or not my advice is go for it. The update is definitely worth it.

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/51785#Comment_51785

Nice to see someone posting update proving that Android 10 is worth updating to. When I try Knighthood, fps drops when a new fight is loading but during the fight, it's quite stable. This game won't go over 70 FPS. Weird number to lock the refresh rate to but they probably have their reasons.

View post
Agreed, very bizarre fps lock but all is well on the game now, it was probably doing some initial optimization. In any case the update was definitely worth it, thank you for all your hard work!

pratiksonihbk
Star III
zeruel.tenshi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/51814#Comment_51814

Day 7: Tried multiple settings with Asphalt 9, CoD mobile and Mobile Legends, anti-aliasing off, x mode on and off. Low, mid, high and ultra settings (if applicable). No stuttering, issues, frame drops or heating issues. Exact same as what it is on A9. Sorry I don't have a Bluetooth headset on hand but I tried using a Bluetooth speaker and there were no issues, audio while playing minimized and opened spotify and youtube and switched around.

That's one week folks! To recap the only issues I got were chrome freezing for a couple of seconds (one instance and never occurred again) and AudioWizard service crashing (fixed by clearing data on the app and service together with a restart).

Pros: Snappier UI, better battery, thermal and ram management and of course the perks of A10 and the updated security patches.

For anyone that received the FOTA and are contemplating whether to proceed with the update or not my advice is go for it. The update is definitely worth it.

View post
Thankyou so much... And if possible pls keep posted whatever negative or positive u find .... Even if it is not in daily basis...

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
pratiksonihbk

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/51887#Comment_51887

Thankyou so much... And if possible pls keep posted whatever negative or positive u find .... Even if it is not in daily basis...

View post
I will, I hope everything goes smoothly for you!