Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone screen goes black when device gets hot playing Call of duty mobile

nakul696
Star III
Model : Rog Phone 2 (ZS660KL)
Android : 10
Other Details : Attached

Whenever I play Call of Duty mobile, after a few minutes the temperature rises to 43 degree celsius and the screen goes black. Everything is working fine, the sound, the game but the screen is completely black. The OS display is also working as I can drag the notification shade, go back to home and operate normally.
This happens EVERYTIME and it seems very ironical that I am facing this issue with a gaming phone. I have tried playing around with the armoury settings but still no luck. 
This used to happen with me before the latest update as well but I tweaked some scenario settings in the crate and it was gone. However, ever since I updated my android, it is happening everytime despite of the armoury settings. 
What's the reason behind this? This is completely ruining my gaming experience and its very disappointing ?
8 REPLIES 8

Swampdonk
Star I
Download firmware downgrade back to Android 9 search how on Xda web site it's pretty simple once you do that you can mess with Settings on over and underclocking in performance also tweek in game settings thjs is only fix right now but it works 80 % with no crash and much less lag seams pretty stable on Max fps and medium graphics

Swampdonk
Star I
Hope it helps everyone let me know what settings ur able to run best on if you also mess around with xmode performance

Swampdonk
Star I
Never know till you try it 🙂 also it's there to be used don't waste such an amazing feature we all got lucky to have

nakul696
Star III
Swampdonk

Download firmware downgrade back to Android 9 search how on Xda web site it's pretty simple once you do that you can mess with Settings on over and underclocking in performance also tweek in game settings thjs is only fix right now but it works 80 % with no crash and much less lag seams pretty stable on Max fps and medium graphics

View post
Yeah I think that's the only issue. Do I need to worry about my data before downgrading? I don't have a backup and I would prefer not going through that hassle.