cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOTA update

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
2GTJGTE2THUX.png
It's finally here, now the question is to proceed or not considering the multiple bug reports after the update. What do you guys think?
26 REPLIES 26

pratiksonihbk
Star III
Try different games by altering settings to different levels e.g x mode off , mid level performance, anti aliasing on/off... And see if performance drops or not..
I had Bluetooth blank sound issue... So if u have Bluetooth headset , try switching different media players while playing and see if sound goes off or not..
Thankyou

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
zeruel.tenshi

Sorry I was not able to provide an update yesterday. In any case see below:

Day 5: Chrome froze for a second or two while scrolling but never happened again. Probably an isolated issue but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Day 6: I installed a new game (Knighthood) and there were some frame drops here and there even with X mode enabled for the first couple of hours. Frame rate is a lot better and stable now but still pretty low considering the specs of this phone (fps of 25 -70). Battery consumption I would say is still pretty normal, I start charging when battery reaches 20-40% till 80% and drain the battery once a month 0-100% while phone is off. I have 120hz enabled since I got the phone back in November and encountered no display issues till now.

Overall performance is definitely still satisfactory, AudioWizard issue seems to be fixed for good (fingers crossed). Let me know if there are any specific aspects / things you guys want me to focus or keep an eye on.

View post
Nice to see someone posting update proving that Android 10 is worth updating to. When I try Knighthood, fps drops when a new fight is loading but during the fight, it's quite stable. This game won't go over 70 FPS. Weird number to lock the refresh rate to but they probably have their reasons.

duong_taminh
Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/51785#Comment_51785

Nice to see someone posting update proving that Android 10 is worth updating to. When I try Knighthood, fps drops when a new fight is loading but during the fight, it's quite stable. This game won't go over 70 FPS. Weird number to lock the refresh rate to but they probably have their reasons.

View post
Anders, could you pls advise download link for Android 10? I saw in website Asus only WW ROM for JP and IN SKUs

pratiksonihbk
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/51785#Comment_51785

View post
Hi....i found a new bug in a10.... First i foorti flashed manually and didn't find the issue... Than i did factory reset and installed a10... And found the bug...
Than i rolled back to a9... And bug gone...
But then updated again through fota... And bug appears..
So the bug is.... When i am connected through Bluetooth and i switch media player while playing eg from power amp to Google Play music then playback switches to gpm and plays but sound disappears even with speakers no matter what i play....
Restart only does the trick .... Pls check this...

One more thing.... If i pause the playback and then switch the music player then this does not happen... Pls pay attention to this ..

hoenheim18
Star I
I recently purchased the Rog Phone 2 and had to do a bunch of fingerprint and other stuff to be able to finally manually update all the way up to the Android 10 update. One by one!
I did make sure to factory reset my phone BEFORE i did ANY thing to do with updating/firmware stuff.
So far so good! Amazing phone so far and update too!