This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto brightness issue after updating to Android 10

ZT-e42e7563
Rising Star I
Auto brightness feature is not working properly after updating to Android 10.Brightness does not adjust itself according to light intensity , it's still brighter when iam in complete dark.I have attached screenshot..@Anders_ASUS
JK55J11ABOHZ.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

OPC
Zen Master II
This is strange as in my experience adaptive brightness works much better.
1. Adaptive brightness doesn't turn off every time I regulate brightness manually. That was regular in A9
2. My screen is finally dimmed in my bedroom in the dark. Before it would illuminate the whole room
3. AOD brightness is much lower in the night.
Different phones (but same model), different experiences? I don't understand that.

ZT-e42e7563
Rising Star I
OPC

This is strange as in my experience adaptive brightness works much better.

1. Adaptive brightness doesn't turn off every time I regulate brightness manually. That was regular in A9

2. My screen is finally dimmed in my bedroom in the dark. Before it would illuminate the whole room

3. AOD brightness is much lower in the night.

Different phones (but same model), different experiences? I don't understand that.

View post
It worked fine when device was on A9

OPC
Zen Master II
itsashutosh1994@gmail.com

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/51566#Comment_51566

It worked fine when device was on A9

View post
I believe you! That's why I say it's strange because on my phone I had issues with A9 which I don't have anymore. Especially the 1st one was annoying.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
itsashutosh1994@gmail.com

Auto brightness feature is not working properly after updating to Android 10.Brightness does not adjust itself according to light intensity , it's still brighter when iam in complete dark.I have attached screenshot..@Anders_ASUS

JK55J11ABOHZ.jpg

Auto brightness issue after updating to Android 10
If you turn adaptive brightness on/off, it will reset (if I don't remember it wrong) but you need to "teach" this feature which brightness you want in different scenarios. It learns constantly and it may take weeks before it's accurate enough for you to be satisfied