cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOTA update

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
2GTJGTE2THUX.png
It's finally here, now the question is to proceed or not considering the multiple bug reports after the update. What do you guys think?
26 REPLIES 26

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
zeruel.tenshi

Day 3: I drained my phone and charged it to 100% which took 1 hour and 30 minutes using the 30 watt charger which was normal. Upon booting though videos or apps that use audio would hang (youtube, spotify etc.), volume keys stopped working and there was no audio. A couple of minutes later I received a message saying AudioWizard has crashed. Tried restarting a couple of times but the issue persisted. I cleared the storage for both AudioWizard and it's service and restarted the phone and that seemed to fix the issue. Aside from that all is still well. Very bizarre bug/issue and I don't know what triggered it.

View post
Do yourself a favor and downgrade back to A9. A10 is too buggy right now.

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
gonzaaa.92

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/51303#Comment_51303

Do yourself a favor and downgrade back to A9. A10 is too buggy right now.

View post
Thanks for the advice but I'll stick to A10 for now, for the past three days that's the one and only issue I faced and I was able to have it resolved anyway. In a nutshell the pros outweigh the cons for me right now.

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
Day 4: Nothing new, phone still feels as fluid and snappy from the time I upgraded. Battery management has become better. Did a couple of restarts and did not encounter the weird AudioWizard issue. Temps actually are better, never hit 40 degrees Celsius when playing even without the aero cooler.

pratiksonihbk
Star III
Pls keep posted...im keeping an eye on your update...i had that audio bug issue with bt and speaker where sound didn't produced even when playback was on... Restart did the trick... But i got back to a9 because of that.. But still.. Will do upgrade over fota this time in sometime(did manually before)...

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
Sorry I was not able to provide an update yesterday. In any case see below:
Day 5: Chrome froze for a second or two while scrolling but never happened again. Probably an isolated issue but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Day 6: I installed a new game (Knighthood) and there were some frame drops here and there even with X mode enabled for the first couple of hours. Frame rate is a lot better and stable now but still pretty low considering the specs of this phone (fps of 25 -70). Battery consumption I would say is still pretty normal, I start charging when battery reaches 20-40% till 80% and drain the battery once a month 0-100% while phone is off. I have 120hz enabled since I got the phone back in November and encountered no display issues till now.

Overall performance is definitely still satisfactory, AudioWizard issue seems to be fixed for good (fingers crossed). Let me know if there are any specific aspects / things you guys want me to focus or keep an eye on.