This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why red tint is still present after A10 update?

akhilj66
Rising Star II
I and many others have reported this issue.
I want to know whether it can be fixed by software patch or it's an issue with my unit, in that case I'll need to take my phone to service center.
Please respond, I need answers.
@Anders_ASUS
@CH_ASUS
@LP_ASUS
67 REPLIES 67

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
OPC

In my case after the A10 update it has been reduced. Gone completely at 60 Hz. On my phone it wasn't that prominent from the beginning.

View post
Cool, that's nice. Not sure if I'm just lucky or what but I never had the tint issue since A9 up to A10.

akhilj66
Rising Star II
zeruel.tenshi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/51401#Comment_51401

Cool, that's nice. Not sure if I'm just lucky or what but I never had the tint issue since A9 up to A10.

View post
I guess you were lucky enough to get less red tint on the phone.
It's also matter of minding, some people don't really notice and mind and then there are some who notice and mind a lot. I guess I am the latter, but I haven't even noticed any improvements after A10, the world I would use is "hiding" which Asus tried to do by making dark grey colors to black in default theme, hence making it a lot less noticeable.
I watch movies a lot so it is more noticeable to me than other and also as I have upgraded from Samsung S7 which had amazing display, no tint, no black crush.
Now I want answers from Asus, I'm fed up. I want this issue addressed, I won't stop asking from @Anders_ASUS until they address this issue.

OPC
Zen Master II
I am checking it right now and it has definitely bee reduced on my phone. Look at the grey in the screenshot. Minimal brightness of this very post
BSYKIVC1VXTI.jpg

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
OPC

I am checking it right now and it has definitely bee reduced on my phone. Look at the grey in the screenshot. Minimal brightness of this very post

BSYKIVC1VXTI.jpg

View post
Photo has to be taken with a different camera.
I've not noticed any red tint reduction on my phone.

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
deeppaul589

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/51578#Comment_51578

Photo has to be taken with a different camera.

I've not noticed any red tint reduction on my phone.

View post
Yep nothing on my phone as well since A9.