This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely black out for my rog2. Cant turn on nor charge

Dht
Star II
A sudden death happened to my rog phone2.
Now the phone is completely down, cant even turn on. I tried to press the power plus volume button. But no response.
No logo or indication when plugged in charger. Tried on both charging ports.
The batt was about 50% before this happened Seem like the phone is completely dead. Anyone facing the same issue before?
36 REPLIES 36

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
WaitingKy

i've faced the same issue after a few days i bought this phone. it happened when i was connecting the kunai gamepad via the bumper, the phone went off completely. i tried to turn it on by holding power button didn't work, tried to hard reset by holding power+volume up/down but still the same, connect charging cable but no use. i was thinking of go to the service center but after 10 minutes, my phone was back and worked fine

View post
What an extremely bizarre issue. This happened to me twice before as well and hasn't happened since. I am unable to replicate the issue.

winson8585
Star III
same problem here. totally black out cannot turn on or force restart won't work before 50% percent battery.
i try 1 all night charging while sleep until this morning wake up still cannot work. cannot turn on.
so i need to wait battery totally drain to 0% and recharge it. question is how should be i know when battery become 0% ? 1day ? 2 days ? 6000mAh damn it !
PS : i feel phone a little bit warm temperature even cannot turn on.

bernie_mrtnz
Star I
Ladies and gents. If u dropped this phone or something dropped on it. This might trigger reset to protect itself from further damage.

My not 9 dropped on my rog phone from 5 inches high. Paid no attention since i was so sleepy. The next morning i wanted to use my rog. No charging indicator, tried turning it on. Tried holding power button. Nothing. Then came here read some comments. Tried volume and power button press and hold for 5-10 secs two times. Came back on as if it was turned off from a reset. It took me back to hom page and its fully charge 100%. Dropping it or something dropping on it. No matter how hard it may be. It will reset it.

When it overheats or reaching heat limit it will black out the screen. Or shut the game down let it cool down. Or get a controller with built in fan. Inconvenient but does the trick.
Dear Asus admins, please look into improving this device. We love this device to play games with. But please fix this.

winson8585
Star III
bernie.mrtnz

Ladies and gents. If u dropped this phone or something dropped on it. This might trigger reset to protect itself from further damage.

My not 9 dropped on my rog phone from 5 inches high. Paid no attention since i was so sleepy. The next morning i wanted to use my rog. No charging indicator, tried turning it on. Tried holding power button. Nothing. Then came here read some comments. Tried volume and power button press and hold for 5-10 secs two times. Came back on as if it was turned off from a reset. It took me back to hom page and its fully charge 100%. Dropping it or something dropping on it. No matter how hard it may be. It will reset it.

When it overheats or reaching heat limit it will black out the screen. Or shut the game down let it cool down. Or get a controller with built in fan. Inconvenient but does the trick.

Dear Asus admins, please look into improving this device. We love this device to play games with. But please fix this.

View post
Lucky for you can turn it on back.
for my phone is new and never drop never crash never damage just like a new phone can sell a good price. but it suddenly i watch news google chrome can hang up shut down itself and never turn on every way i try. damn it android

Suresh123
Star I
My asus rog phone 2 also same night it was 50 percent morning it comes to 5 so I charged to 100% and afterwards it completely dead no charging nothing I am afraid what to do please help