This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 6 discontinued?

Jeb
Rising Star II
Has the Zenfone 6 really been discontinued?
B&H Photo Video's site states the product has been discontinued, and the official Asus site now has no store options to buy it from!
Did this really happen?
2HOQ6WJ9XK0S.jpg
CR70XXZPPT8T.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

dt808
Rising Star I
Jeb

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/51190#Comment_51190

Most of those problems, if not all, have been patched with the recent updates.

View post
i have the lastest update and still have text and call issues on t-mobile. asus is saying its a t-mobile issue and t-mobile won't help with a phone they don't sell. i like the phone but worried i may miss an important call or text so may need to switch to another brand.

mcrr08
Star III
Same here. I don't see much effort in getting vowifi or volte to work in the US. I've waited long enough and dealt with enough issues. Time to move on and not buy Asus again. I guess I'll throw the Zenfone in a drawer for possible travel.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Jeb

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/51190#Comment_51190

Most of those problems, if not all, have been patched with the recent updates.

View post
Nope, unfortunately. They seemed to fix the speaker issue but I doubt that calls and texts will ever be reliable as I would assume (maybe incorrectly) that it is due to lack of volte support in the US and, being that it costs money to test and enable such a feature, it's not going to happen at this point. I hope I'm wrong.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
It's neither perfect nor ideal but for other TMobile users the T-Mobile Digits app does function as a backup (allows calls and VM and texting). Again it shouldn't really be necessary but it does not seem to miss anything since it goes via data (if you set it up that way).

Jeb
Rising Star II
Do we have an official word from Asus??