This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG phone 2 battery life issue after Android 10 update

lung-butter
Star II
So the battery life of this phone has always been my favorite feature... until I upgraded it to android 10 OTA. Now the battery life feels less than half of what it was. The reduction in life was noticed immediately after the upgrade, and it's super obvious. CPU-Z shows the 8th CPU core running at 100% non-stop. I'm not sure if that is normal or not.
Any acknowledgment from Asus concerning this problem? I've seen it in other posts but haven't seen Asus comment on it.
15 REPLIES 15

kartonick
Star II
Yeah for me the lifespan dropped easily by ~40%. After few issues i reverted back to 9 and decided that i like it more anyway ?

akhilj66
Rising Star II
lung-butter

So the battery life of this phone has always been my favorite feature... until I upgraded it to android 10 OTA. Now the battery life feels less than half of what it was. The reduction in life was noticed immediately after the upgrade, and it's super obvious. CPU-Z shows the 8th CPU core running at 100% non-stop. I'm not sure if that is normal or not.

Any acknowledgment from Asus concerning this problem? I've seen it in other posts but haven't seen Asus comment on it.

ROG phone 2 battery life issue after Android 10 update
Just checked, CPU 8 is running on 825Mhz on mine based on use goes up. I am on Android 9. There is definitely something that needs to be fixed.

gsanchez
Rising Star II
akhilj66

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/18005/rog-phone-2-battery-life-issue-after-android-10-update

Just checked, CPU 8 is running on 825Mhz on mine based on use goes up. I am on Android 9. There is definitely something that needs to be fixed.

View post
I saw this happening in my phone. But when I closed all apps in background everything returned to normal. Probably it's a app bug that causes excessive CPU use, but i don't know which...

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
After updating the Facebook app to the latest version, are you still seeing this behavior?