Bug Report for android 10
After latest Android 10 update, I immediately factory reset my device as I am aware of lot glitches happen in these sort of updates on most devices. Yet after using it for weeks I have noticed quite lot of bugs. I don't know official way to report them so I'm writing is here. I'LL ALSO SHARE LOGS IF ASKED.
Bugs / Issues:
1. Significant frame drops during GPU oriented tasks. To quote an example, PUBG was supposed to play smoothly on HDR - EXTREME - ANTI ALIASING ENABLED settings. As was in pie. But there are stutters and drops everywhere. I tried dialing it down completely to SMOOTH-EXTREME and again it looks like 600-720p yet lots of frame drops are observed.
2) I suspect is because of poor GPU/CPU THERMAL management? temps were abnormal during the gaming sessions. Even hot for gaming Phone, mind you better physically cooled one too.
3) these frame drop can be seen rarely in ususal apps or System UI too .
4) mosts (70-80%+) notifications won't even play sound when they arrive. This is downer. And where basic issue missed during testing i guess.
5) biggest of all is, GHOST TOUCHES, sometimes when i touch anywhere on screen just notification shade gets dragged down. Click on homescreen icon or on menu or on navigation buttons nothing happens only notification shade gets pulled down. ( Happened 2-3 times with me), i had to lock and unlock or restart device to get it working correctly.
6) when connected to side usb port while watching movies or playing games, IT WON'T FAST CHARGE DEVICE. normal charging symbol is shown in notification shade. If i switch to normal down port, it starts getting fast charge.
@Anders_ASUS , can you confirm atleast which of these issues are considered / reproduced, and which of these are submitted in pipeline for patches. Please mention numbers as i wrote above.