cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging process keeps cutting out / stopping

gerbenb
Star II
Hi all,
My Zenfone 6 (bought in February) has this weird problem where it stops charging after a little while. I'm worried I'm not going to be able to charge fully in the near future.
I installed the Ampere app (by Braintrapp) from the Play Store and it shows that the charge only trickles in, often not much faster than 220 mA. Seeing fast charge is a rarity. And after a while the charge rate seems to go down and down and down (50mA), until it just stops altogether.
Here's what DOESN'T appear to be the problem:
I doubt the problem is connector-related. I can't see anything wrong with it - the cable fits farily snugly inside the port, and the little connector inside the port is solid. Also, the phone usually recognises when the cable is plugged in by lighting up the LED.
I don't think it's charging block- or cable-related, becuase the problem persists across cables, chargers and electrical sockets.
Does anyone know of a fix, or even just the cause of the issue?
Thanks in advance!!
9 REPLIES 9

Rangzen
Rising Star II
Try Ausmo adaptor and data cable (bit on the expensive side though) which seems to do the trick. I have had similar charging issue like you. Now I can charge the device without any issues.

asifbarwatiya
Rising Star II
Experiencing the same problems!!!

_jis_
Zen Master III
gerbenb

Hi all,

My Zenfone 6 (bought in February) has this weird problem where it stops charging after a little while. I'm worried I'm not going to be able to charge fully in the near future.

I installed the Ampere app (by Braintrapp) from the Play Store and it shows that the charge only trickles in, often not much faster than 220 mA. Seeing fast charge is a rarity. And after a while the charge rate seems to go down and down and down (50mA), until it just stops altogether.

Here's what DOESN'T appear to be the problem:

• I doubt the problem is connector-related. I can't see anything wrong with it - the cable fits farily snugly inside the port, and the little connector inside the port is solid. Also, the phone usually recognises when the cable is plugged in by lighting up the LED.
  • I don't think it's charging block- or cable-related, becuase the problem persists across cables, chargers and electrical sockets.

Does anyone know of a fix, or even just the cause of the issue?

Thanks in advance!!

Charging process keeps cutting out / stopping
Check your Battery Care settings in PowerMaster.

gerbenb
Star II
_jis_

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/18012/charging-process-keeps-cutting-out-stopping

Check your Battery Care settings in PowerMaster.

View post
I had turned it off so as not to let it mess with the charging process... 😞

_jis_
Zen Master III
😞
Eventually it looks like a connector problem anyway or power board problem.
Did you inspect connector with magnifying glass carefully?