cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 battery drain (Revert to 9?)

kartonick
Star II
4PB7B8Q0YAXO.jpg
Well.. this is just sick, as bad as my former s9+ which i switched to rp2 because of the battery.. less than 3 hours of screen on time and almost drained within 16 hours. On android 9 i would have ~60% of a charge left..
Is there a way to revert to android 9 without the need to reset my phone?
11 REPLIES 11

kartonick
Star II
Kanu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/49945#Comment_49945

Bruh you didn't use facebook. Chrome is used less. YouTube is nowhere. Not a good comparison. I agree with you that a10 has a bit of battery drain but You're misdirected. It wouldn't have been 19% if you'd have used almost exactly the same as a10 but it would be closer to 30.

View post
Yeah but those are not that power hungry apps. Not like i was gaming compared to video and social apps. 15 minutes od fb vs 22 of Instagram. And theres no way that 45 minutes of youtube took 40% of charge itself. Actually it took 1% as an app, the screen uptime is what matters here.
Comparision isnt perfect but it clearly states a point and i hope it will restrain ppl from upgrading to 10, its not worth a fuss at this point.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
kartonick

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/50054#Comment_50054

Yeah but those are not that power hungry apps. Not like i was gaming compared to video and social apps. 15 minutes od fb vs 22 of Instagram. And theres no way that 45 minutes of youtube took 40% of charge itself. Actually it took 1% as an app, the screen uptime is what matters here.

Comparision isnt perfect but it clearly states a point and i hope it will restrain ppl from upgrading to 10, its not worth a fuss at this point.

View post
The big difference is that when you upgrade from Android 9 to 10, there's a risk that bugs will happen. It can happen with a specific app that starts to run constantly in the background. When you downgrade to Android 9, you will lose all data. So you're comparing a clean Android 9 install VS a maybe bugged Android 10. If you had just tried to factory reset first, maybe that would have solved your issue.
It also looks like you might have had the previous (bad) version of Facebook installed on Android 10. 5% battery lost after only 15 minutes of use. Facebook updated recently because of this so if you had just waited one day, it would have downloaded the new version and your battery could have gone back to normal.