cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 heating issue

Ban
Star II
Hi,
I noticed that my phone is warmer to touch lately. The battery drains faster too.
I noticed that my CPU temperature is high - it ranges from 60-69 degrees Celsius. I don't even play games on it much. I've also used the power master feature and kept the phone optimized.
Just browsing through the phone system drains about 3% of the battery in just 5 minutes use.
Does anyone know why this is happening? I just bought this phone 2 months ago - it didn't have this problem before.
Here's a picture of the Armory Crate to show the temperature.

WAE7KUH5RV9T.jpg

66 REPLIES 66

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Ban

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/50486#Comment_50486

No, I only used the original protection case that comes with it in the box.

View post
I have full body skin and in box case on top of that. It should not lead to heating. There's an issue with the unit most likely.

akhilj66
Rising Star II
zeruel.tenshi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/50320#Comment_50320

I understand but what phone doesn't? The question is whether the temperature is normal or safe to reach high temperatures at one point considering the appropriate variables. Heck, this actually can get subjective.

View post
It's definitely safe for phone as CPUs can even tolerate 100 degree Celsius, if it gets beyond safe temperature, phone would automatically turn off. The only question is, is this normal behavior of phone or not.
Btw beyond 40 degree battery temperature phone's metal frame becomes too hot too hold.

OPC
Zen Master II
akhilj66

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/50512#Comment_50512

I have full body skin and in box case on top of that. It should not lead to heating. There's an issue with the unit most likely.

View post
With or without skin 69 or 70 C is definitely not normal. My max was 49 in X mode on max settings (without cooler) and that was uncomfortable to hold. Couldn't even imagine 70C but as it was said impossible to hold in bare hands. Playing without X mode for several hours my phone got to 41C max. Those are normal temperatures for Rog 2, 40-50C while gaming, everything else is an issue in my opinion.

akhilj66
Rising Star II
I agree but according to original poster 70 degree is CPU temperature, not battery its the top left one in console in armory create.
It's is normal to CPU to go to 70 degree while extensive gaming but not in day to day usage.

Ban
Star II
akhilj66

I agree but according to original poster 70 degree is CPU temperature, not battery its the top left one in console in armory create.

It's is normal to CPU to go to 70 degree while extensive gaming but not in day to day usage.

View post
That screenshot of my temperature status was when I was just browsing through my phone settings and Facebook. I was not even gaming at all that time. The CPU temp would still reach 60-70 degrees Celsius. Plus the phone felt very warm.