cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 heating issue

Ban
Star II
Hi,
I noticed that my phone is warmer to touch lately. The battery drains faster too.
I noticed that my CPU temperature is high - it ranges from 60-69 degrees Celsius. I don't even play games on it much. I've also used the power master feature and kept the phone optimized.
Just browsing through the phone system drains about 3% of the battery in just 5 minutes use.
Does anyone know why this is happening? I just bought this phone 2 months ago - it didn't have this problem before.
Here's a picture of the Armory Crate to show the temperature.

WAE7KUH5RV9T.jpg

66 REPLIES 66

akhilj66
Rising Star II
zeruel.tenshi

The better question is how accurate are the temps shown by game genie and armoury crate and what are the max safe temps for gpu, cpu and battery? In any case max temp I reached was 48°c (gamegenie temp) after 5 straight hours of cod mobile on xmode without my aerocooler attached.

View post
It's pretty accurate according to me. Have you tried touching the metal frame at that temperature, it's like hot cooking pan, I can't even hold it without cover.
I have also faced 50 degree while recording and playing for long hours, it heats like hell. That copper vent becomes really hot.

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Heating is a lot more dependent on ventilation than ambient temperature. If you have air flowing through your phone, it will stay relatively cooler. All phones dissipate maximum heat through screen.
Don't believe me, play pubg on max settings with your home's ceiling fan on and ceiling fan off, you'll see the difference.
My phone reaches 46 degree with ceiling fan off and 42 with ceiling fan on.
Try it.

akhilj66
Rising Star II
zeruel.tenshi

The better question is how accurate are the temps shown by game genie and armoury crate and what are the max safe temps for gpu, cpu and battery? In any case max temp I reached was 48°c (gamegenie temp) after 5 straight hours of cod mobile on xmode without my aerocooler attached.

View post
Truly this phone could get hot, hot like cooking pan especially the metal frames and copper vent.
I have experience 51 degree while playing pubg 4 hours straight hdr extreme max settings on my phone and in game plus streaming on.

Ban
Star II
akhilj66

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/50300#Comment_50300

It looks like there there might be some software issue. There could be an app that might have triggered this. A hard reset should probably do the trick.

Still if it's a hardware issue, you can get it fixed as would be under warranty.

Hope you you get your beast back in normal way soon.

View post
I don't think it's an app because it still heated at a high temperature after a factory reset.

Ban
Star II
akhilj66

Heating is a lot more dependent on ventilation than ambient temperature. If you have air flowing through your phone, it will stay relatively cooler. All phones dissipate maximum heat through screen.

Don't believe me, play pubg on max settings with your home's ceiling fan on and ceiling fan off, you'll see the difference.

My phone reaches 46 degree with ceiling fan off and 42 with ceiling fan on.

Try it.

View post
I live in New Zealand on a windy hill. So the temperature is cold here.