This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck Pixel on Zenfone 6, completely lost

Hello there, I received my Zenfone 6 back in January on the 17th and I noticed two months later that I found a stuck pixel that looks blue or greyish (maybe white) on the display. I tried going online and using Jscreenfix to see if that would work, but it had not effect overnight.
My question is should I send it back under warranty for them to take a look at? Or should I continue other software alternatives to see if they will work? I'm scared to go through their RMA process, as I heard some nightmarish stories on how bad they could be. I could really use some help, and I greatly appreciate it. I'm in the USA with a US variant
3 REPLIES 3

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Unfortunately, no service will accept one dead pixel as fault. You'll waste your time.

_jis_
Zen Master III
fishingforliving1

Hello there, I received my Zenfone 6 back in January on the 17th and I noticed two months later that I found a stuck pixel that looks blue or greyish (maybe white) on the display. I tried going online and using Jscreenfix to see if that would work, but it had not effect overnight.

My question is should I send it back under warranty for them to take a look at? Or should I continue other software alternatives to see if they will work? I'm scared to go through their RMA process, as I heard some nightmarish stories on how bad they could be. I could really use some help, and I greatly appreciate it. I'm in the USA with a US variant

Read the other thread:
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/17748/stuck-blue-pixel-i-think

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
fishingforliving1

As jis and colorsage noted, we discussed this and some options you can take in the other thread. One dead pixel would not qualify for a warranty repair, the unit would be considered in good working order.
If you lose more pixels, then it would qualify. The standard is the same as our monitors. https://www.asus.com/us/support/article/811