cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 heating issue

Ban
Star II
Hi,
I noticed that my phone is warmer to touch lately. The battery drains faster too.
I noticed that my CPU temperature is high - it ranges from 60-69 degrees Celsius. I don't even play games on it much. I've also used the power master feature and kept the phone optimized.
Just browsing through the phone system drains about 3% of the battery in just 5 minutes use.
Does anyone know why this is happening? I just bought this phone 2 months ago - it didn't have this problem before.
Here's a picture of the Armory Crate to show the temperature.

WAE7KUH5RV9T.jpg

66 REPLIES 66

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
Kokoman

GOUSQVQ6ZQAU.jpg

View post
Bro that is definitely something wrong with your device or the way you are using it. I at max reach 38° that to with hardcore tuning

Ban
Star II
Andrea

Have you upgraded to Android 10 in these days?

View post
No, it was Android 9. Plus, my phone is still being assessed back at the store at the moment and hasn't come back yet.
The phone was just too warm to touch. Even just internet browsing for 5 minutes, I get like a 3% battery drain with no background apps running and the internal temp can reach 38 degrees Celsius, with the cpu at 70 - all for just web browsing or looking through the settings of my phone.
So, I agree with others who says that it could be a hardware issue.

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Ban

Hi,

I noticed that my phone is warmer to touch lately. The battery drains faster too.

I noticed that my CPU temperature is high - it ranges from 60-69 degrees Celsius. I don't even play games on it much. I've also used the power master feature and kept the phone optimized.

Just browsing through the phone system drains about 3% of the battery in just 5 minutes use.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I just bought this phone 2 months ago - it didn't have this problem before.

Here's a picture of the Armory Crate to show the temperature.

WAE7KUH5RV9T.jpg

ROG Phone 2 heating issue
Are you on Android 10. On Android 10 CPU 8is running at max due to which CPU temperature is high.
I am on Android 9.
O460T4GFIJ2S.jpg

Ban
Star II
akhilj66

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/17827/rog-phone-2-heating-issue

Are you on Android 10. On Android 10 CPU 8is running at max due to which CPU temperature is high.

I am on Android 9.

O460T4GFIJ2S.jpg

View post
No, it was android 9. My CPU temp reached to almost 70 for JUST web browsing and facebooking. And it reached more than 70 when gaming for just a few minutes.
The phone is not with me right now. It's with the store where I bought it as they are assessing it.

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Ban

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/50259#Comment_50259

No, it was android 9. My CPU temp reached to almost 70 for JUST web browsing and facebooking. And it reached more than 70 when gaming for just a few minutes.

The phone is not with me right now. It's with the store where I bought it as they are assessing it.

View post
It looks like there there might be some software issue. There could be an app that might have triggered this. A hard reset should probably do the trick.
Still if it's a hardware issue, you can get it fixed as would be under warranty.
Hope you you get your beast back in normal way soon.