This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultra Wide Lens

Mayendra
Rising Star II
Asus can you make the ultra wide lens not laggy? in low light it was soooo laggy, compared to my gf samsung midrange phone, they ultra wide lens sooo smooth even on low light condition, and compared with my lil sister low end oppo, the ultra wide lens is smoother than zenfone 6 although her oppo ultra wide lens got some noise

@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS
9 REPLIES 9

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It's hard for me to say without knowing which phone you're comparing with. But please compare them after you've used a timer shutter on both phones. Bold them as still as you possibly can to make sure you're not unknowingly shaking more with one of them when taking the picture

Mayendra
Rising Star II
i compare it with mid range samsung a20 and low end oppo y12
Anders_ASUS

It's hard for me to say without knowing which phone you're comparing with. But please compare them after you've used a timer shutter on both phones. Bold them as still as you possibly can to make sure you're not unknowingly shaking more with one of them when taking the picture

View post
yeaa still the same sir using timer shutter button, because itss sooo laggy in zenfone 6 at low light condition, you don't understand? try take a pic in low light condition using ultra wide lens, and try shake a lil bit Zenfone 6 and see the preview, its soo laggy, so we supposed to use tripod while other brand mid range take a sharp pic using handheld?
if you still don't understand the problem, make sure you get Zenfone 6 in your hand and try it by yourself, its so horrible using zenfone 6 in low light condition.

Mayendra
Rising Star II
Mayendra

i compare it with mid range samsung a20 and low end oppo y12

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/50011#Comment_50011

yeaa still the same sir using timer shutter button, because itss sooo laggy in zenfone 6 at low light condition, you don't understand? try take a pic in low light condition using ultra wide lens, and try shake a lil bit Zenfone 6 and see the preview, its soo laggy, so we supposed to use tripod while other brand mid range take a sharp pic using handheld?

if you still don't understand the problem, make sure you get Zenfone 6 in your hand and try it by yourself, its so horrible using zenfone 6 in low light condition.

View post
fyi, even still photo using tripod, the ultra wide lens final image is not sharp, like other brand sharpness using by our own hand

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I don't have those phones to compare with. However, I did a quick test VS a more famous and expensive competitor. I can confirm that our preview is slower than on their phone but the final result was actually better with ours (using the wide angle camera). I took several photos with each phone and held them absolutely still. Zero movement.
If we speed up the preview, then it will get darker too, meaning that it won't represent how light the final image will be. I'm not saying it's correct now but it would get even worse.
The competitor has much less lag but the preview was also very dark so it was hard to see if the image was in focus or not
It's a question about what you prioritize and in this case, I feel that our camera team made the right call.

Mayendra
Rising Star II
okayy thanks for the reply