cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 heating issue

Ban
Star II
Hi,
I noticed that my phone is warmer to touch lately. The battery drains faster too.
I noticed that my CPU temperature is high - it ranges from 60-69 degrees Celsius. I don't even play games on it much. I've also used the power master feature and kept the phone optimized.
Just browsing through the phone system drains about 3% of the battery in just 5 minutes use.
Does anyone know why this is happening? I just bought this phone 2 months ago - it didn't have this problem before.
Here's a picture of the Armory Crate to show the temperature.

WAE7KUH5RV9T.jpg

66 REPLIES 66

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
The better question is how accurate are the temps shown by game genie and armoury crate and what are the max safe temps for gpu, cpu and battery? In any case max temp I reached was 48°c (gamegenie temp) after 5 straight hours of cod mobile on xmode without my aerocooler attached.

Volodesi
Rising Star II
The temperatures for CPU/GPU are pretty pointless. The one in the middle is what matters most. Cause that is what your phone itself will feel like.

The CPU will throttle itself before any damage is actually done. The phone would shut off as a fail safe if it couldn't get the temperatures down.

I had a friend running his Desktop PC with pretty much no cooler for almost two to three years before realizing that the cooler wasn't attached. It would get up to 100C and just stay there. The CPU would throttle its core clock to stop from dying. CPU's and GPU's can handle way higher temperatures than you think.

Andrea
Star III
Have you upgraded to Android 10 in these days?

Swaraj
Rising Star II
Ya m facing heating issues too after a10 upgrade
Also ram consumption is very high when idle

ferxo13
Star III
I'm facing heating issues too after I upgraded to A10