This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update (137) is making the device hot and battery is draining super fast

jaibalaji2020
Star III
Is anyone else facing the issue? It seems like many are going through reddit and Facebook forums. Asus, can you please investigate and fix this?
48 REPLIES 48

baster1982
Rising Star II
johnCforVTS

Same here! Even though i bought it 15 days ago my battery lasts a day at best without any heavy usage! Kind of disappointing having in mind that its one of the crucial characteristics that made me choose this particular device. I post a print screen below. Consider that i had bluetooth, ai boost ,location services and background apps off. Just wifi on and brightness 80%.

R7IYQH21D6L3.jpg

View post
In android 10 in my case is 10 hours of sot of average use so it looks ok if you mention that 2 hours of use in viber takes 20% of your battery

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
Ok so if that is the real battery potential of the phone i gotta say that im not impressed. I post a print screen that made me buy this phone
11S76F38CLOK.jpg
The gap between this and my stats is noticeably big in my opinion! Isnt it? Is it something that i am missing? Thanks in advance btw!

kk454347
Rising Star I
johnCforVTS

Ok so if that is the real battery potential of the phone i gotta say that im not impressed. I post a print screen that made me buy this phone

11S76F38CLOK.jpg

The gap between this and my stats is noticeably big in my opinion! Isnt it? Is it something that i am missing? Thanks in advance btw!

View post
not necessarily cause that phone had more than a day on being idle. when you compare your usage to the picture you used, it seems you used your phone more extensively than the other person.

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
Yes i agree but isnt the gap huge as well?because i have my phone on dark mode and not many apps running on the background. Without adaptive brightness and not a heavy use if you ask me! ( I didnt game or anaything like that ) I am a rookie with this phone and maybe i am wrong! If thats the same battery life that you guys have overall, then ill have to just get along with it. Maybe my expectations were mistakenly high!

kk454347
Rising Star I
johnCforVTS

Yes i agree but isnt the gap huge as well?because i have my phone on dark mode and not many apps running on the background. Without adaptive brightness and not a heavy use if you ask me! ( I didnt game or anaything like that ) I am a rookie with this phone and maybe i am wrong! If thats the same battery life that you guys have overall, then ill have to just get along with it. Maybe my expectations were mistakenly high!

View post
you may be right, maybe as others have noticed that since the last update, the battery has been draining faster than usual. I'm still on the .133 update as I usually wait for others to comment on how the update is before I choose to update to the next version or not. I will say you got already 1 day of usage and had 50% battery left, thats pretty good in my estimate