This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

reneayala20
Star I
LP_ASUS

I'll send you a PM with instructions.

View post
Same here my phone doesn't receive calls and messages are all delayed or don't even go through.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
reneayala20

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/40829#Comment_40829

Same here my phone doesn't receive calls and messages are all delayed or don't even go through.

View post
As I noted above, we did not detect any hardware or software issues from multiple independent logs. We recommend contacting your mobile provider and letting them know what's going on.
One test you can try:
Remove the SIM from your ZenFone, and use it in a second device. Try calling and SMS testing. Replace the SIM back in your ZenFone. Run the same battery of tests. Do you see the same results?
We are able to recreate the missed calls and texts on alternate brands, not just ASUS products. This appears to be network related behavior.

Connor
Star I
LP_ASUS

I've only gotten one set of logs so far.

Anybody else willing to help us diagnose this problem?

View post
LP_ASUS I am having trouble receiving and making phone calls while my data is turned on. I just purchased this phone from the ASUS website a few days ago and I am running in AT&T service

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Connor

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41394#Comment_41394

LP_ASUS I am having trouble receiving and making phone calls while my data is turned on. I just purchased this phone from the ASUS website a few days ago and I am running in AT&T service

View post
Have you run the tests I explained above?
"Remove the SIM from your ZenFone, and use it in a second device. Try calling and SMS testing. Replace the SIM back in your ZenFone. Run the same battery of tests. Do you see the same results?
We are able to recreate the missed calls and texts on alternate brands, not just ASUS products. This appears to be network related behavior."

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Since the 137 OTA installed against my will I am basically getting no calls or texts or voicemails (via the normal means). I am having to use the T-Mobile digits app to see all my messages and now get VMs and calls. At least I can make it work but am just today seeing things missed for more than 2 days. Reboot did not help.
31 post group text never came through yesterday about work and the virus.....
Voicemail from my bank missed.....
Voicemail from work missed.....