This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's talk about asus rog phone 2 after Android 10..

jay_kunwar66
Star III
So, i bought asus rog 2 but I can't recommend to this anyone.
Hardware is awesome
But software sucks
Previously i had sony xperia, samsung and i have used oneplus phone..these phone have great software without any bug
Asus zenui sucks. Even developers doesn't care about it...they don't update their own apps
These are the problems with software
1. Contact and dialler Ui are garbage old fashined. Previously they had background image in dialler but they replace it with ugly color
2. Casting has no resolution option.
3. After A10 back button behaving like home button instead of going back it always go to home
4. Dual audio can be implemented for bluetooth 5.0
5. No customisation
6. Outdated asus app with 0 customisation
7. Display changes its color automatically
8. After A10 wakeup screen for new notifications problem. Its wakes phone at almost low brightness.
9. Boring lock screen doesn't support any widget
10. After a10 while playing music lock screen shows blurred album art
11. There is no wifi calling
Sorry to say but u should learn from samsung and one plus for software
If u guys wants to be in competition
I'm not gonna buy again asus for its software
Hope u will listen..
Thanks
35 REPLIES 35

nayyar_rahul18
Rising Star I
Tried copying the new firmware in Asus website which is provided for downgrading. Restarted, power on/off , etc. multiple times but it wont detect the android 9 firmware file.

rajput24
Star II
I agree "Rajat Kumar"

Some people are always complaining no matter what u do to them.

My advise to those trollers that who the hell asked u to buy this phn, go for a ONE+ ,or Experia or whatever else which u think is more fashionable and customisable.

I'm using ROG PHONE 2 from Oct 2019 and I love each and every thing of this phone . except that accessories are not available, but in phone I don't find any problems ,it is awesome flawless and a perfect for me.

KraKen
Rising Star II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/17796/lets-talk-about-asus-rog-phone-2-after-android-10

1. I agree with you on this the contact/dialer thing, UI is indeed badly styled (the greyish color is meh)

I hope they'll sort this out in Zen UI 7 as many have complained about the same

2. Mention other OEMs who have this option?

3. Weird it's not supposed to work like that either you're doing something wrong or it's a user specific bug I suggest a clean factory reset for you as only your facing this so called "bug" sometimes a simple thing as a restart can solve it too

4.The feature is not required in the spec. Many modern output devices support this(headphones, speakers, etc), but I've rarely seen a phone support it. It needs to be coded in the os and only phones that have this are the Samsung flagships

5. I'll skip over this there are heck ton of customisations available!

Audiowizard, optiflex,twin apps,game genie, Armory crate,ai ringtone,smart screen + more

There's everything you'll need right there

And want to try accents ? Just use themes it works the same !

+ You can change qs tiles icon style too in dev settings

6. Almost all Asus first party apps are updated regularly either through regular otas or a major android update ( android 10 has updated Armory crate and stuff) apps like the pixelmaster camera app, audiowizard,Asus launcher get updated often too.Just check the version number.

7.It's cos all Asus smartphones come with a display customisation mode known as "Splendid" it has a thing called auto color temperature if you don't like it changing display temp by itself just turn it off (btw it's an great app you can adjust the level of saturation and stuff)

Tinkering with it can get you your desired level of display calibration.

8. Do you have adaptive brightness turned on? What if it senses you're in a dim lit area hence the low brightness on startup?

Anyways there's a slim chance of it being a software thing so yeah not a great deal

9. What widgets do you want on the lockscreen?

You can customise a little bit on the lockscreen tho (entering a text and stuff)

No real issues here!

10. That's a feature pal it's known as lockscreen blur art . Default aosp has it too it was integrated with android 10. Oneplus didn't implement it and got a bit of backslash from their users .

I like that blur personally tho!

11. Type this in your phone dialer :

#*#3642623344#*#

And check your network section it'll unlock the vo wifi calling section ( but I can't possibly confirm if it'll work on you carrier but it works on some of my pals phones so there's that)

Asus is working to integrate it in stable firmware!

Learning from samsung and oneplus for software?

That's gotta be the shittiest thing I read in this entire post

Especially samsung,they put a ton of bloatware in their phones !

Oneplus doesn't have half the features the Rog does and somehow managed to fck up their android 10 update for their devices on a stock+ UI (three recalls Remember?)

And I don't view a OEM highly which has had 3 major data breaches In 2 yrs ( one was a major one fricking bank accounts were leaked!)

I'll tell you what your "precious" oneplus (OOS) can't do

1. You require root for accessing the secondary lens in gcam

2. Again 48 mp mode isn't available in gcam

3. No quickswitch

4.No google feed (they include a shitty thing like color os and stuff)

5. You need root to add a simple thing as a font!

Zen UI is highly customisable and yeah I agree it's not the most polished and refined UI out there but it's better than a shit ton of UI's out there

You guys pushed Asus for the update,and here you got it

If you would've waited a bit more it would've been more polished

+ It's the first stable based on android 10 , future OTAs will refine the UI and user experience more

Asus has been great with both Rog/Zenfones this year

Zenfones got A10 pretty early/ continue to be regularly updated cos they're easier to do so

Rog is a complex device (gaming centric) you have ton of inhouse stuff like Armory crate,RGB , accesories,option of a stock and gaming UI so the frequency of update isn't as high or fast as let's say Zenfones

View post
You're killing it dude.
Bravo.??????????

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
nayyar.rahul18

Tried copying the new firmware in Asus website which is provided for downgrading. Restarted, power on/off , etc. multiple times but it wont detect the android 9 firmware file.

View post
If you still have plans to downgrade to A9 rename file to

UL-ASUS_I001_1-ASUS-17.0210.2001.65-1.1.97-user.zip

nayyar_rahul18
Rising Star I
sauravshanbhogue

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/49301#Comment_49301

If you still have plans to downgrade to A9 rename file to

UL-ASUS_I001_1-ASUS-17.0210.2001.65-1.1.97-user.zip

View post
thanks it worked but it didnt solve the problem that the phone has stopped detecting the thernet port. It detects the ethernet port for a little while like ranging from 2 to 10 min and then it wont recognize the asus professional dock as an ethernet device as well.