cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 heating issue

Ban
Star II
Hi,
I noticed that my phone is warmer to touch lately. The battery drains faster too.
I noticed that my CPU temperature is high - it ranges from 60-69 degrees Celsius. I don't even play games on it much. I've also used the power master feature and kept the phone optimized.
Just browsing through the phone system drains about 3% of the battery in just 5 minutes use.
Does anyone know why this is happening? I just bought this phone 2 months ago - it didn't have this problem before.
Here's a picture of the Armory Crate to show the temperature.

WAE7KUH5RV9T.jpg

66 REPLIES 66

Kokoman
Star I
GOUSQVQ6ZQAU.jpg

OPC
Zen Master II
Ban

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/49160#Comment_49160

Seriously?! Did you mean the CPU temperature or the system temperature? I tried playing Asphalt for like 5 minutes and it drained 3 % of the battery and CPU temp reached 70 degrees Celsius. ?

View post
I mean the temperature in the real time monitor from the Game Ginnie. I played intensively last night with the cooler attached and it reached 41 max. X-mode everything on max. In you case there is definitely something wrong.

Ban
Star II
OPC

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/49173#Comment_49173

I mean the temperature in the real time monitor from the Game Ginnie. I played intensively last night with the cooler attached and it reached 41 max. X-mode everything on max. In you case there is definitely something wrong.

View post
I returned the phone back to the store where a bought it from. They' said they'll assess it. It's still under warranty, so hopefully they'll replace it.
I returned it as soon as possible because the phone was getting so hot that I was worried it might explode or something. It was getting hot even when I was just restarting it.

OPC
Zen Master II
Looks like a hardware issue.

I have exactly the same issue Cpu at 70°C on Black desert mobile.
Maybe the android 10 update
Can someone of Asus Support reply : 70 °c Is that ok for the Rog phone or this is too much.