cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 heating issue

Ban
Star II
Hi,
I noticed that my phone is warmer to touch lately. The battery drains faster too.
I noticed that my CPU temperature is high - it ranges from 60-69 degrees Celsius. I don't even play games on it much. I've also used the power master feature and kept the phone optimized.
Just browsing through the phone system drains about 3% of the battery in just 5 minutes use.
Does anyone know why this is happening? I just bought this phone 2 months ago - it didn't have this problem before.
Here's a picture of the Armory Crate to show the temperature.

WAE7KUH5RV9T.jpg

66 REPLIES 66

jyun88
Rising Star II
Best you send your phone to service center to check. Maybe google service is running at background cause it

OPC
Zen Master II
Ban

Hi,

I noticed that my phone is warmer to touch lately. The battery drains faster too.

I noticed that my CPU temperature is high - it ranges from 60-69 degrees Celsius. I don't even play games on it much. I've also used the power master feature and kept the phone optimized.

Just browsing through the phone system drains about 3% of the battery in just 5 minutes use.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I just bought this phone 2 months ago - it didn't have this problem before.

Here's a picture of the Armory Crate to show the temperature.

WAE7KUH5RV9T.jpg

ROG Phone 2 heating issue
That temperature is definitely not normal. I reach 49 max after playing Asphalt on max performance and temperature the whole day.

Ban
Star II
OPC

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/17827/rog-phone-2-heating-issue

That temperature is definitely not normal. I reach 49 max after playing Asphalt on max performance and temperature the whole day.

View post
Seriously?! Did you mean the CPU temperature or the system temperature? I tried playing Asphalt for like 5 minutes and it drained 3 % of the battery and CPU temp reached 70 degrees Celsius. ?

Kokoman
Star I
My temperature reached 48°c during PUBG gameplay using smooth/extreme setting even though aero active cooler was attached!! Something that never happened before i'm updating to A10