Did you mean: 

AI boost

py443739
Star III
Hey what's with AI boost feature? How does it work? Help
18 REPLIES 18

bputra10bennypu
Star III
for my case, i used too turn on the AI boost, but i dont know why i felt my phone are getting hot faster , especially when playing games , and after the hot , the lag and fps drop , i know app will be lag and fps drop will come if the phone are getting too hot, but with the AI boost, it was just worst. after that day , never turn on the AI Boost again

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I've been investigating AI Boost and my crashes and I've got interesting results.
1) AI boost seems to work by enabling 810 MHz on GPU while running certain apps. Phone gets faster but also heats faster so the throttling kicks in. With AI boost disabled, phone reaches 585 MHz clock.
2) Considering published kernel source many unofficial devs seem to implement 810MHz frequency on their kernels as just another step.
3) My phone crashes on AI boost enabled and on intense gaming on custom kernels so it seems my gpu can't stand 810MHz GPU clock at current voltage table.
4) Disabling 810MHz fixes mentioned issue.
Hence my request to kernel devs - could you reduce top frequency a bit? It doesn't seem to bring much performance-wise and this way the firmware would be more stable for users like me with lower quality GPU units.
I'll let myself call @Anders_ASUS and @CH_ASUS and also @ColorSage myself because why not 😉

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Another quick note - Adreno 640 in Snapdragon 855 is rated by Qcom at 585MHz which means this is the value that chip manufacturer will quality check on. Higher values are pure OC on Asus' side which seems to be too much for some units (a friend of mine with Zenfone 6 has similar crashing problem).

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
ColorSage

Another quick note - Adreno 640 in Snapdragon 855 is rated by Qcom at 585MHz which means this is the value that chip manufacturer will quality check on. Higher values are pure OC on Asus' side which seems to be too much for some units (a friend of mine with Zenfone 6 has similar crashing problem).

View post
Even zenfone 5Z with AI boost ON gives lags and sometimes freezes the game totally snapdragon 845 have to restart on smooth and extreme graphics while on balanced or hd or hdr has FPS drops. And multi touch is still causing stutters since android 8 to A10 its been long way and still issues persist? while higher graphics and frame rate never had issues on android 8 n 9 but A10 its Pathetic with battery as well as performance ?
@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS @LP_ASUS plz ask concern team to look into @brunoferreira.retry@gmail.com @ValeeraSanguinar @Bruno

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ColorSage

I've been investigating AI Boost and my crashes and I've got interesting results.

1) AI boost seems to work by enabling 810 MHz on GPU while running certain apps. Phone gets faster but also heats faster so the throttling kicks in. With AI boost disabled, phone reaches 585 MHz clock.

2) Considering published kernel source many unofficial devs seem to implement 810MHz frequency on their kernels as just another step.

3) My phone crashes on AI boost enabled and on intense gaming on custom kernels so it seems my gpu can't stand 810MHz GPU clock at current voltage table.

4) Disabling 810MHz fixes mentioned issue.

Hence my request to kernel devs - could you reduce top frequency a bit? It doesn't seem to bring much performance-wise and this way the firmware would be more stable for users like me with lower quality GPU units.

I'll let myself call @Anders_ASUS and @CH_ASUS and also @ColorSage myself because why not 😉

View post
Where does it say that AI boost increases GPU speed to 810Mhz?