cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 6 updates EU vs WW firmware

DZ1
Star I
Hello,
I had a question about how the Zenfone 6's firmware's will be updated, i know from past experiences that Asus favors some versions of the device more than others.....
Will the EU firmware be released at the same time as WW comes out? would appreciate it if someone could shed some knowledge about this.
Also, is there any way to swap firmwares between EU and WW model?
ZS630KL_EU_16.1210.1904.133  vs   ZS630KL_ WW_16.1210.1904.133

11 REPLIES 11

DZ1
Star I
Yachendra said:
DZ1 said:
Even ones sold inside the EU?
Yes, they have released with SKU EU for Europe and RU for Russia and WW for devices sold in other countries.
Check in below release notes.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/categories/zenfone-6-%28zs630kl%29

Yep, i know.
Thats why i am worried that if i buy one in EU, it will end up having EU firmware, that will be updated less than WW....at least thats what Asus makes me think judging by how they updated their phones in the past, only WW version was kept up to date regularly, that's a shame.

Yachendra
Rising Star II
DZ1 said:
Yachendra said:
DZ1 said:
Even ones sold inside the EU?
Yes, they have released with SKU EU for Europe and RU for Russia and WW for devices sold in other countries.
Check in below release notes.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/categories/zenfone-6-%28zs630kl%29

Yep, i know.
Thats why i am worried that if i buy one in EU, it will end up having EU firmware, that will be updated less than WW....at least thats what Asus makes me think judging by how they updated their phones in the past, only WW version was kept up to date regularly, that's a shame.
No need to worry. I think WW SKU can be installed even if you receive regularly in EU SKU(Not sure of it).
It no more or less in firmware(Software or Hardware features will differ for devices released in different countries). If I'm not wrong, that's the reason Asus will be released firmware for respective countries with respective SKU based on both specs. There will be no partiality but firmwares will be released soon or late based on the testing.

May update patch?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
May update patch?
Next FW is only a couple of weeks away. 

kataeb
Star II
I live in France but my firmware is WW. Should I install the EU firmware?