This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to buy Zenfone 6 but worried about motherboard issue.

coltostallion
Star II
I'd really like to get this phone, but I'm concerned about the motherboard issue. I live in Japan but would be buying the North American version of the phone because I travel between the two countries occasionally and that's the version that has the most frequency bands I need. If the phone has the motherboard issue this would make it very complicated to repair, though. I'm willing to wait a bit, but would that make a difference? I don't know if the ones being manufactured now are any different than the ones from before they knew there was a motherboard issue.
24 REPLIES 24

ColorSage
Zen Master I
The backlash is quite obvious considering relatively high failure rate. You don't expect to get a 5-star review from a user whose phone died after a week. Most people here seek best price to feature ratio so recommendations to buy chinese brands are natural consequence of that.

bputra10bennypu
Star III
samuelx02

So many "USER" suggest not to buy this phone, and suggest to buy China's brand phone

Is it some "marketing agency" were hired to start FORUM SEEDING on zentalk?

View post
LOL this guy, China's brand phone? where do you think ASUS came from? LOL, i am a zenfone 6 user, i can give you the screenshot of my usage of my phone everyday , we are just the customer that did not satisfied with this phone

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Asus is actually Taiwan, not Chinese.

alistairmidgley
Star III
samuelx02

So many "USER" suggest not to buy this phone, and suggest to buy China's brand phone

View post
I'm purposefully bumping threads about this issue because Asus are pretending it's not an issue with these phones, even though it clearly is.
There's no China conspiracy here, in fact I'm looking at getting a Samsung A90. It'll be full of their bloat but at least it might actually work.

Mayendra
Rising Star II
samuelx02

View post
lol Im a loyal asus user, before i bought zenfone 6, my phone was Zenfone zoom S and i loved it, so i upgrade to Zenfone 6 when it has been available on my country, but after using it as my daily driver for 4 month, well you know...