This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint update

mr_strange
Rising Star II
I think that the fingerprint in rog 2 is really annoying for almost everyone. Why is asus not doing anything to actually make the fingerprint fast. This is very very slow. Drawing a pattern is actually easy than using fingerprint. I thought that the fingerprint issue will be fixed with Android 10. But nothing was done.
20 REPLIES 20

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
cheetah2k

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/48784#Comment_48784

I have the same issue.

View post
Has Anders already sent you the log tool for your network issue?
If you can capture the fingerprint issue, please PM me the log.

cheetah2k
Rising Star II
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/48791#Comment_48791

Has Anders already sent you the log tool for your network issue?

If you can capture the fingerprint issue, please PM me the log.

View post
This one is very hard to replicate. I've had it happen maybe twice so far. I think its happened where I've gone to use the FPS but just as the light comes on I've removed the finger (need good reflexes) and then it happens.. Some other times, the FPS light just stays on solid colour and without lighting the whole screen (stays dark)
I will try and see if I can replicate perfectly, then take a log
BTW, any word on the 4G issue?? Very keen to find out what is happening there 🙂

Daulat
Rising Star II
What i feel is after the android 10 update, it has improved a bit. Coz now there are less errors.
Maybe check it again

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
mr.strange

I think that the fingerprint in rog 2 is really annoying for almost everyone. Why is asus not doing anything to actually make the fingerprint fast. This is very very slow. Drawing a pattern is actually easy than using fingerprint. I thought that the fingerprint issue will be fixed with Android 10. But nothing was done.

Fingerprint update
A small FYI notice. Pressing the fingerprint when it's in Always On Display mode takes longer than when the phone is awake. So if you press the power button before you use the fingerprint, you will notice that the unlocking is much faster. If you use functions like "lift to wake screen" then you will probably feel that the fingerprint is much faster.

mr_strange
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/17746/fingerprint-update

A small FYI notice. Pressing the fingerprint when it's in Always On Display mode takes longer than when the phone is awake. So if you press the power button before you use the fingerprint, you will notice that the unlocking is much faster. If you use functions like "lift to wake screen" then you will probably feel that the fingerprint is much faster.

View post
But always on display is not great tbh. And lift to wake screen keeps the gyro on. To be precise, both the solutions increases battery consumption. The fingerprint sensors work fast sometimes, but sometimes it's very slow. I don't know what makes this. But it's really annoying.