This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck blue pixel, I think.

troyharris279
Star III
Hey guys, I noticed that there's a very small, and almost unnoticeable blue pixel that is stuck on my Zenfone 6 when the brightness is all the way up. On a black background. I was wondering if this is going to go away on its own down the line, or will it persist? I'm going to try some stuck pixel fix methods online and some apps overnight to see if it'll work, but I'd like to get to know someone else's opinion on it. Or even from Asus themselves. Thanks for reading this and hopefully this can be up for anyone else going through this.
20 REPLIES 20

ColorSage
Zen Master I
You are the first case of bad pixel here I think. Display manufacturing process is not always perfect and there's always chance to get a small defect. It'll probably stay with you but you can try to do something about it if you wish. It's not an amoled so it won't do more damage.

troyharris279
Star III
ColorSage

You are the first case of bad pixel here I think. Display manufacturing process is not always perfect and there's always chance to get a small defect. It'll probably stay with you but you can try to do something about it if you wish. It's not an amoled so it won't do more damage.

View post
Interesting. Thank you for the response. I'm going to try some methods for stuck pixels, but I'm not sure if I want to send it in now or anything, but if it doesn't change conditions before my warranty, then I'll send it in a couple of months before it expires. It is quite odd, as it mask itself pretty well with content, but I hear it's pretty common with LCD's. I'll keep this posted to see if anything changes overtime

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
troyharris279

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/48781#Comment_48781

Interesting. Thank you for the response. I'm going to try some methods for stuck pixels, but I'm not sure if I want to send it in now or anything, but if it doesn't change conditions before my warranty, then I'll send it in a couple of months before it expires. It is quite odd, as it mask itself pretty well with content, but I hear it's pretty common with LCD's. I'll keep this posted to see if anything changes overtime

View post
A single dead pixel would not qualify for a warranty repair. If there was discoloration across a patch of the screen, or multiple stuck pixels, then it would qualify.
As ColorSage noted, the various pixel repair tools online are your best bet.
The fact that it is stuck on blue is a good sign, completely dead pixels or ones stuck on white are the hardest to repair with the free tools.

troyharris279
Star III
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/48782#Comment_48782

A single dead pixel would not qualify for a warranty repair. If there was discoloration across a patch of the screen, or multiple stuck pixels, then it would qualify.

As ColorSage noted, the various pixel repair tools online are your best bet.

The fact that it is stuck on blue is a good sign, completely dead pixels or ones stuck on white are the hardest to repair with the free tools.

View post
Ah goodness, well then, I guess those are my best bet. I can see why it doesn't qualify, but hopefully it goes away with some free tool treatment.