This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 2 Update available but running away??

Gurmanav
Rising Star I
KBCFGMDNG86L.jpg
60KM2ARQ7SWE.jpg
It is showing update is available but when I checked it's already latest version is installed
93 REPLIES 93

Praj
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/48289#Comment_48289

The downloadable update is a service and fully optional. It's for those who do not want to wait. You won't know when you will get your update. Some will get it on day 1 and some will have to wait for as long as weeks. You may visit any phone manufacturer forum and you will notice that this is the way it is. When you install a firmware, regardless if it's manually or via FOTA, it will happen to one of two partitions. If it fails, the phone will go back to the other partition. So it's much harder to brick a phone nowadays.

View post
Bro try to release it today over fota in india knw please very restless cause waiting for update

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
Praj

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/48384#Comment_48384

Bro try to release it today over fota in india knw please very restless cause waiting for update

View post
Yes brother , it's always better on FOTA as system will itself optimise rather than we getting files stored in different folders as we might need to do it in manual update.

DeLLiAnO
Rising Star I
Manually or automatic, if you think about it, it's just all the same. Same file,same extraction, same installation etc etc. Fota also use same file and also download it on phone. So if you look at it, there is not much of a difference

Gurmanav
Rising Star I
DeLLiAnO

Manually or automatic, if you think about it, it's just all the same. Same file,same extraction, same installation etc etc. Fota also use same file and also download it on phone. So if you look at it, there is not much of a difference

View post
Yap I know , so final option is to install manually.