This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Phone 2 - Volume Button Issue

willson_fang
Star I
I bought two of the 1TB Versions of this phone since my friend wanted one, this was roughly 2 months ago
He contacted me yesterday and said that the volume button stopped being "clicky" so its hard to press and asked me about the warranty on it.
I thought it was a once off issue, but not even 24hours later mine got the same issue where the volume button is a lot harder to press and no longer clicks, almost like its stuck - if you've ever owned a mechanical keyboard key and accidentally got something sticky on it, the keys no longer click and gets really hard to press, but in this case literally nothing happened between my friend mentioning it and I getting the issue.
Is this a common issue with this phone? and will sending it in for repairs actually make it last longer then 2months?
7 REPLIES 7

Aruna
Star II
Some phones has that thing.

Few years ago, Me & my brother both brought Samsung Galaxy S4s. My phone's volume buttons didn't make click sound but worked fine. My brother's and friends edition S4 all made click sound.
Its NOT AN ISSUE if the PHONE IS WORKING GOOD.

Also, phone opened by genuine experts does not harm its life or effectiveness anyway. Its all myth. Its not human body, but a device. Its been disassembled many times even before it was new.

willson.fang

I bought two of the 1TB Versions of this phone since my friend wanted one, this was roughly 2 months ago

He contacted me yesterday and said that the volume button stopped being "clicky" so its hard to press and asked me about the warranty on it.

I thought it was a once off issue, but not even 24hours later mine got the same issue where the volume button is a lot harder to press and no longer clicks, almost like its stuck - if you've ever owned a mechanical keyboard key and accidentally got something sticky on it, the keys no longer click and gets really hard to press, but in this case literally nothing happened between my friend mentioning it and I getting the issue.

Is this a common issue with this phone? and will sending it in for repairs actually make it last longer then 2months?

Asus ROG Phone 2 - Volume Button Issue

Glemar
Star I
i experience this right now. It is working fine but very hard to press it feels like it sink inside the phone please help.Some says due to heatness on the phone

reniki
Star III
I have same problem with Strix edition.