cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motherboard problem

rags
Star I
Hi,
My phone is barely one year old. Few days back, it shut down by itself and I have been unable to switch it on or charge battery since then. Gave it to the authorised service centre here, they tried replacing the battery which didnt work, so their opinion is that it might be a motherboard problem. If its under one year, will it be covered by warranty? If not, whats the approximate cost Iam looking at?
8 REPLIES 8

prashanth
Rising Star II
rags

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. Guess I will talk again with the service center guys because they said it's not covered and it will come to 50-60% of the phones cost!!!

View post
Seriously!!!!!????this is bad

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
rags

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. Guess I will talk again with the service center guys because they said it's not covered and it will come to 50-60% of the phones cost!!!

View post
Did he say why it isn't covered? Did he find water damage?

______
Star I
rags

Hi,

My phone is barely one year old. Few days back, it shut down by itself and I have been unable to switch it on or charge battery since then. Gave it to the authorised service centre here, they tried replacing the battery which didnt work, so their opinion is that it might be a motherboard problem. If its under one year, will it be covered by warranty? If not, whats the approximate cost Iam looking at?

motherboard problem
Yours is one year old mine is 2 months old only and I m fed up with this rubbish. it has everything great under it but it doesn't get on or remains on for few hours. I have to struggle hours to get it switch on .
visiting service centre on daily basis but those guys just do the factory data reset and give it back and it starts freezing and hanging and switching off at its wish..sharing great video of this device but not shot by this ...even local Chinese phones are way smarter and better than this ..

alistairmidgley
Star III
rags

Hi guys,

View post
at least you got an approximate quote from them to fix it. I got told, essentially, to go away.