This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 2 Update available but running away??

Gurmanav
Rising Star I
KBCFGMDNG86L.jpg
60KM2ARQ7SWE.jpg
It is showing update is available but when I checked it's already latest version is installed
93 REPLIES 93

OPC
Zen Master II
Hamir

Should I buy this phone?

View post
I love it!

Sendr
Star I
after updating the phone began to heat up
And the battery began to drain faster

MrOverlord12
Star I
How do I update from beta to stable? No FOTA available and manual update to stable also won't work. Do I need to make a full wipe with PC and put it on stable? Please help me Anders!!! :,-(

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Sendr

after updating the phone began to heat up

And the battery began to drain faster

View post
Go to system settings -> battery -> powermaster -> auto-start manager and prevent all the apps you don't need a notification from to auto start.
After this go to system settings -> advanced -> Mobile Manager -> Memory cleaner -> Turn on Super Clean mode -> enter app list and uncheck any app that you must get notifications from -> go back -> open recent apps overview and press clear all.
If you're still noticing heating and battery drain after this then please let me know when it heats and how much. If I determine that it's unnatural, then I will instruct you on how to log your device so we can find the root cause.

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/48289#Comment_48289

The downloadable update is a service and fully optional. It's for those who do not want to wait. You won't know when you will get your update. Some will get it on day 1 and some will have to wait for as long as weeks. You may visit any phone manufacturer forum and you will notice that this is the way it is. When you install a firmware, regardless if it's manually or via FOTA, it will happen to one of two partitions. If it fails, the phone will go back to the other partition. So it's much harder to brick a phone nowadays.

View post
So basically we have to wait for a month again right? Else I do update it manually . Idk Andres why this process is taking time , I agreee to all your technical issues but dnt you think it's been long that we are waiting for it and I dnt want to upgrade it manually I do not find it to be safe at all (my perception) because I have never updated my phne this way . I wish to wait for a FOTA but now it seems like it may take a month or weeks right? Thankyou soo much then.