cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions around android 10 on zenfone 6

gouravjoshi100
Rising Star I
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS @CH_ASUS
First things first...thanks for quick android 10 update. Asus has really done a good job and people who are complaining does not how difficult such update can be...they should understand firewares are not easy even pixel and iphones are not safe even though they are first party os and devices. I am not saying there is no issue..definetly it is not perfect but we need to give some time to Asus to fix issues.
Now second part
1) I saw tremendous performance and battery improvement after updating z6 to android 10 via flashing full file...i went back from android 10 to pie and again update via file option rather than ota and things are very smooth now compared to previous dont know why?...
2) Sometime Clear all button in recent apps do not appear. it is not all the time sometime let says 2 or 3 times it does not appear. can u please check.
3) UI is not clean like when u scroll up on all apps screen in setting. it overlap with status bar which is not a good experience instead all app bar selection bar should be fixed and nothing should appear after that..u can check oneplus 7. I saw such UI glitches in a lot places like similar issue with sms app but it overlaps with navigation bar...and a lot setting pages having this issue.
4) I bought z6 for camera, I know u guys are working when no new features are added since long. Z6 is flagship phone atleast for asus so we expect some more support and I hope u guys are working on new features as well apart part fixes performance of existing features. Any update u have?
5) I heard project mainline is available for zenfone 6 but is it correct? if it is then why we have not seen any play store update for November? sorry if there is no update released so far from google itself or asus need to enable it?

33 REPLIES 33

_jis_
Zen Master III
@Kamil
I'm pretty sure that I see some clear all button missing time to time using that old swipe from bottom gestures now I am using third pt FNG and I think it shows always
I also use FNG, but unlike you for a very long time and I have to say that even with FNG gestures button Clear all is occasionally missing. You will see, when you use it longer, it will certainly happen to you.
but i get some missing recent app background sometimes. 
I can confirm that and I don't recall anyone reporting it. Yes, sometimes it happens. but quite exceptionally.
Guys is there any bug report option for zenfone 6 or there is only this forum for that?
ZF6 has no integrated reporting tool except to send a bug report via the Power Menu. So this moderated forum is the best we have.

Kamil
Rising Star I
@_jis_
TY.
Ahh lack of proper bug report way it's very messy ppl are and will be writing all around in multiple threads reporting the same issues instead of having one place with proper bug report where they can report about issue progression: / and where they can be direct to.?

_jis_
Zen Master III
Now I understand exactly what you meant. Even a simple template for posting a problem post on this forum with mandatory fields would help significantly, clearly.
The fact that many users here first write and actually not searching for an existing topic at all, I do not want to comment, it's sad. Therefore, there is always a million posts about the same problem, instead of continuing the existing thread, or actually did not continue, because it would be enough to click on the icon Me too.

_jis_
Zen Master III
_jis_

2) Sometime Clear all button in recent apps do not appear. it is not all the time sometime let says 2 or 3 times it does not appear. can u please check.

I updated my phone on November 27 to version WW_17.1810.1910.73 via local full update (not OTA), this issue persists.

I would even say that for me this problem is now much more common.

When this problem occurs I do the following: I press the Recent button again and then once more.

The Clear all button will then appear.

View post
@CH_ASUS
This bug is still present even in the latest WW_17.1810.2002.133. When it will be finally fixed?

_jis_
Zen Master III
_jis_

I updated my phone on December 20 to version WW_17.1810.1911.110 via local full update (not OTA), this issue still persists.

View post
This bug is still present even in the latest WW_17.1810.2003.145.