This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night mode question.

Kanu
Rising Star II
One thing i noticed is that when i take a night shot (on night mode) it doesn't load up completely. By that i mean the circle that show that multiple frames are being captured stops halfway and i get a below par image. This doesn't happen on gcam and also when it the circle fully 'loads' , the image is much better. So is this a software issue? That night mode doesn't take many frames or more seconds to capture a photo.
18 REPLIES 18

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Kanu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/47510#Comment_47510

Exactly. @Anders_ASUS can you tell us about this?

View post
FRCFYW8BFWJR.jpg
3KCE692QNVBW.jpg
For reference bottom image is captured from stock camera and top image is captured with Gcam. Bottom image is what real scenario is that if pitch dark but as you can see Gcam processes night image much better which is missing in stock camera.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Our night mode is much more sensitive to movement compared to Gcam. It's quite common that you will not see the full circle animation unless you're in tripod mode. The animation may get shorter if it detects a lot of movement so it's not recommended to take night shots from a horse back 😉

OPC
Zen Master II
I guess this is why mine makes always full circle. I keep it on a support every time. Whichever is at hand.

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

Our night mode is much more sensitive to movement compared to Gcam. It's quite common that you will not see the full circle animation unless you're in tripod mode. The animation may get shorter if it detects a lot of movement so it's not recommended to take night shots from a horse back 😉

View post
Why do I sense sarcasm here.
Where is tripod mode?
I tried taking stable shots using both gcam and stock cam. My concern is not why Gcam performs better, rather why there is no noticable difference between photo mode and night mode in stock cam. Also in my lifetime, I haven't taken a single shot from horse back.

Kanu
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

View post
Well it needs to be improved because everyone doesn't have a tripod and everyone doesn't use gcam. So basically night mode is useless because of movements that are bound to happen. Maybe you can ask the developers to look into it.