This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Shutdown Problems

Hi everyone..
Im new here..
I want to share about my experience about security on another device which is already lost the smartphone..
I want to suggest to developer Asus ROG Phone 2 when you press Shutdown button, please add security Pin or fingerprint to confirm Shutdown.. to prevent when you lost the device and cant shutdown.. It helps to search my device or making loud sound to your phone..
I look another phone like another flagship brand it prompt security to confirm when shutdown..
Thanks for attention..
10 REPLIES 10

Apollofury
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/43588#Comment_43588

It is possible to add this feature. Most features are possible and I will forward your request to our devs but every change we make from standard android, and especially a change like this one, will require extra effort for every update. A higher risk of bugs. This is why phone vendors in general are a bit conservative with adding a lot of features that only a handful of users request.

We do know that some of you want this and I fully understand why. It's not a stupid request by any means. But even if you could enable the phone to require pin to power off and even if you could disable the quick menu from lock screen, you're not getting your phone back unless it's an unprofessional thief. The thief will be long gone before you find them and after a while, the signal will be lost. They can simply place it in a metal box until the power runs out.

I will forward your request and we will consider it but as I explained, no promises can be made.

View post
Any updates on this ?? It's a really useful feature especially in india where many thief's are unprofessional. @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS