cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Calling Screen [Annoy Screen]

sixth_pr1m3
Rising Star II
This app is has more bugs than features. Bugs:
- Heads-up notification doesn't work(even if I enable it)
- Calling screen won't let me to go back to any other app while the phone is ringing.
- Display turns on automatically while on call even if I press power button to turn it off (option to turn off the proximity sensor doesn't work). To make it worse, the proximity sensor on this phone is not in the center.
58 REPLIES 58

sixth_pr1m3
Rising Star II
Alaudeen

@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS , Why this issue still opened? I got a update recently but the issue still not yet resolved. Please try to fix this bug first before doing any tweeks or fixes.

Suggestion: If I press the power button while on call the display should goes off until I press the power button again.

This is just the simple scenario, Im wondering how long it will take to implement it. I'm too much frustration because of you guys and its irritated every day, since dialer is the only app everyone will use it in their daily lyf, that too had a silly annoying bug. Brilliant Asus Team. This is not a flagship mobile, still underrated only. Thank you for everything.

View post
I have reported this way back in July 2019., making a call without an earphone is the most frustrating thing about this phone. Developers don't want to implement this simple thing probably because they don't use this phone as a daily driver and hence they don't understand the inconvenience. Developers are interested in adding stupid 'Power button menu style' which no one ever asked for, but they can't add this simple feature which so many people have been asking for.

Alaudeen
Rising Star I
@sixth_pr1m3, I think the team is busy with the development of next version of Asus Zenfone.
@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS, If the issue is not fixed in the next update, I can guarantee no one from my circle will not purchase any product from your company. I'm damn sure about that. Now I felt I made a wrong decision in my lyf, I should buy Oneplus instead of yours. Such a big mistake in my life. But I will never repeat the same. Thanks for the experience @asus team.

Kolorowezworki
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS
Incoming calls will act differently depending on which app you're currently using when you get the call. In some apps, you will get the full call screen and for others, you will have a smaller window at the top. This is stock android behavior and which app that does what is controlled by the developer of that app. Not ASUS.
The proximity sensor is supposed to work like you describe so it may be that you have a faulty proximity sensor.
You can test it by accessing our service menu which you can find in the native calculator.  You must type .12345+= then you choose single test, scroll down to proximity sensor and follow the instructions
View post
Hi. It's one year after this bug was reported and users still have troubles using call app. I tested my proximity sensor and it's working fine, but screen still turns on and off during call in any app. Its easy to hang call or turning on airplane mode when screen is active and phone is near the face. Please do something. How long we have to wait?

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
Alaudeen

@sixth_pr1m3, I think the team is busy with the development of next version of Asus Zenfone.

@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS, If the issue is not fixed in the next update, I can guarantee no one from my circle will not purchase any product from your company. I'm damn sure about that. Now I felt I made a wrong decision in my lyf, I should buy Oneplus instead of yours. Such a big mistake in my life. But I will never repeat the same. Thanks for the experience @asus team.

View post
lol.. yeah most of us here were going towards oneplus but seeing the zf6 we changed our decision and now there is only regret.. i have stopped posting about the issues now. There are no updates to requested features, issues are resolved sometimes and reappear in next update... its a Capable device hardware wise but software part needs more work.