This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

latency/ping Issue in ROG Phone 2

gakshat520
Star I
I play games on my mobile data, since it is so cheap in India. So it rarely provides me smooth experience over it. For first 10 minutes no issue at all, COD under 65 ms and after that it starts dropping and in about 5 minutes it goes straight to 199 ms and that is highest COD shows. Now before anything else I would like to clear these points,
Network strength is not the issue, I use dual volte and same happen with both of them. I put the sim in my previous phone and no problem at all, i can play continuously for hours... Same speed drops in Wifi too but very less frequent/ rarely i see them so that is not the problem.
And COD is not the only game, Pubg and others too, even HEAD BALL 2..... I contacted customer support, no help at all, same machine generated idiotic msg about factory resetting my device which btw i did it when i encountered the problem first few times. and yes my device is up to date to the latest firmware. no issues there. I don't think i am going to get help on this by asus (since they are asus, it was the risk i took before buying it, well well, It was a bad risk sure , feeling bad now) . SO i decided posting here, maybe some of you know what can be wrong here. and i am mentioning this again no problem with network or network provider, same sim, same bed, different phone perfect game play so no problem there. and i know it is not a game probem either since it happen in other games too and works almost every time on wifi smoothly.
5 REPLIES 5

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
Not encountering this myself if the reception is good but then again my country's telco infrastructure is rubbish. Have you tried a network reset? Settings > System > Reset Options > Reset wifi, mobile and Bluetooth.