This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Volume sounds lower than usual ( Level 15 ) - Decibel Test

Ralph_Christian
Star III
I would like to know your the decibels of your phone via the Audio Wizard play test music.
Mines sounds like its only level 10 and its weird.

I haven't done any decibel test for now.

But for testing via App I do recommend Sound Meter for testing and putting up the microphone of your other phone close to the Top Speaker and another test for the bottom one.

@Anders please help on this as it's another issue on the phone.

I've been playing Call of Duty at max volume with my co workers and they notice a big change on the sound level when we started to play.
7 REPLIES 7

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
That test would only work if we test with the same app and same phone. Wait until the A10 update. It will be released very soon and we've made a change to the volume control

Ralph_Christian
Star III
@Anders_ASUS still sounds the same i've just updated to Android 10 using ASUS Updater cause OTA doesn't work.

So basically it just becomes 30 volume options now instead of 15 which doesn't change the output and my sound is still too quite than usual.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Ralph Christian

@Anders_ASUS still sounds the same i've just updated to Android 10 using ASUS Updater cause OTA doesn't work.

So basically it just becomes 30 volume options now instead of 15 which doesn't change the output and my sound is still too quite than usual.

View post

What phones do you have at hand to test the speaker output with?
It would be great if you can get your hands on a OnePlus 7 Pro, a Mi 9, a Pixel 4 or some older ASUS model. Then we need to agree on which app and media sound to use. Only then will we be able to compare and see if you really have lower sound or just remember it wrong.

OPC
Zen Master II
Maybe there is a bug that deals with the volume output while playing or something?
Speakers by themselves are very loud. It's the only phone I had since old Nokias from 15 years ago that I can hear the phone ringing in my bag on a noisy public street. And when in a meeting room I forget to lower the ringer and the phone rings, everybody is shaken. Also in my bedroom I don't use portable speaker any more. The phone sitting on the air cooler , so the back side is lifted from the ground, is just fine. So I believe it's a software issue.