This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone updates after replacing motherboard

Revanth
Rising Star I
I have been reading three threads regarding they are not receiving updates after motherboard replacement . Please let me know that are there anyone who is getting updates even after motherboard replacement or we will not get updates after motherboard replacement . Please reply those who have replaced their motherboard
And please mods reply if you know any of the people who replaced motherboard have received updates that's not a big issue?
@Anders_ASUS sir please reply
19 REPLIES 19

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
1) Most likely the IMEI number wasn't updated when the motherboard was swapped. The FOTA server is sending you updates, but its to your old IMEI number. That is my guess on what is happening.
2) Not sure, but I would assume so. We haven't been flooded with complaints about not getting automatic updates, so I would assume this is a pretty uncommon issue.
Get in touch with your local Support, they can help you much more than I can.

Revanth
Rising Star I
No no sir I'm not having this issue . I'm asking you because my device has gone for repair . If in case my issue was motherboard replacement then I'm asking you in advance for what to do .

Revanth
Rising Star I
Thanks for helping me .

mastervishikh
Rising Star I
I had my motherboard replaced. They gave back with Android pie. As soon as I started using I got the android 10 update and am getting regular updates via FOTA.

Revanth
Rising Star I
@mastervishikh when did you replaced it?