This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PubG is lagging and it's more

sagarreddysag
Rising Star II
1. Nowadays pubG has started lagging heavily at hard drops in game .
2. If I turn on my screen recorder don't even ask about fps it drops like hell .
3. There was no proper gyroscope optimization until now which u guys said it would be fixed in future updates (thx).
4. Battery is not properly optimised there are too many drain issues which not only me but others are also facing .
I will ask u guys this question frankely what's the meaning of "GAMING PHONE" when it lags like all other phones (op7t, realmex2pro,Samsung S10........).
Is it because it has air triggers which I won't even use (6 finger user) or is it BCUZ of 120 hz display (mine always kept at 90 cuz there is not much difference from 90 hz to 120 hz except for battery drain).
U guys say it has 240 hz touch response which is not even usefull in pubG where there is always DESYNC happening.
U guys worked so much on other accessories instead of working on performance .
I will say this frankely "Apple won't even mention their phones as GAMING PHONES though they give top noch gaming performance in every gaming aspect .
I also heard on YouTube that u guys made a tie with ENTITY GAMING in INDIA . Did u guys see which devices they use " all members use iphone 11 or XR" infact all the competitive members use iphones . Check it 99% of COMPETATIVE players use iphones . Even if Apple won't say it I can easily say it as a GAMING PHONE . Their devices may have low mah battery , no headphone jack but for gamers what matters most is performance .
What I am trying to say is " IS ROG 2 A GAMING PHONE " cuz it has so much problems like an ordinary one plus phone .
Have u guys seen Nubia redmagic 3S it may suck in camera performance but it delivers perfect 60 fps even at hard drops it dosent lagg like Rog 2 does . If u guys won't trust me go check it out .
So what I am trying to say is insted of working on usless things pls work on performance as it is a gaming phone .
Plssss MODS READ EVERYTHING I AM NOT TAGGING ANYONE CUZ EVERYONE SHOULD TRY TO WORK ON THIS . THERE IS SO MUCH VALUBLE INFORMATION HERE PLS READ IT FULLY .
as for my final line "I am a big fan of ASUS ROG series cuz I have Rog motherboard and Asus Rog rtx 2060 graphics card " they deliver top noch performance for games ( CS: GO , Battlefield : Hardliners......) but I think u guys are spoiling name of ROG cuz of its normal performance as other devices deliver . Pls consider this.
DONT THINK IT NEGITIVELY but think it with calm mind u will understand it .
Thank You
109 REPLIES 109

Aryan202
Community Legend I
sagarreddysag

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/46128#Comment_46128

Ya I was ready to buy iphone XR which was around 53,000 INR but and second option was one plus 7t pro . I didn't even know anything about Rog 2 until I saw you tube .

You tubers told Rog 2 has best Antutu score , 120 hz display , no lags , 240 hz touch sampling ...... and so on

What do they matter when there is no proper performance optimization for games .

Atleast they should think about performance and delivering smooth experience before releasing Rog 3 and also think abou updating frequently.

From the looks of rog 2 users I can tell u that rog 3 users will significantly decrease if this is the after sales experience ( there are no proper updates which is more essential to gaming phone than any other).

View post
Kek 720 "liquid retina" gimmick (+ an LCD for 50k)
+ It's 60hz with no so great latency
Rog is still a beast and its sales are only gonna increase now 😄
They launched fricking 8 betas to polish A10 as much as possible and a "gaming device" has a dedicated beta program + dev program+ arnova is getting the device so good gcam development
So they got my respect there
Armory crate + Rog UI+Zen UI features is just lub
Go on buy whatever you want tho
Your money your wish!
I'll just down the things Zen ui does better than other Ui's
1. Unlike other OEMs you don't need root to access secondary lens (wide angle ) in Asus phones
2. You don't need root to add fonts ( looking at you oneplus)
3. Scheduled charging (custom timer>ai learning)
4. Audiowizard (it's great! Both for the customisations it offers for headphones and speakers, outdoor mode is an added bonus)
5. Quickswitch
6. Google feed in stock launcher
7. Zen UI basically covers all features and is 99.9% stock almost all non essential"BLOATWARE" has been removed
You only get the essential"Asus apps like calculator, dialer etc" and Google stock apps
Armory crate for Rog is a godsend being able to oc cpu,gpu,fan speed and for being in total control and deciding how much your device should throttle
Rog's usp isn't updates it's it's hardware and you mentioned it's still on October patch to that I'll mention that the beta is on Jan afaik + stable update will carry the latest security patch ( btw why do you care so much about the being on the latest patch lol)
+ Nothing much changed from pie to 10 it's just the Gestures (which many people don't like )
Ik you want to be on the latest possible firmware but consider that it's an complex"gaming oriented" device so it won't get faster updates, all you can wish for is "stable feature based updates"
I'll mention this too:
Black shark 2 pro and red magic 3 launched alongside Rog 2 and they're still on pie with no beta programs, no dev programs and no ETA for android 10
Asus has been pretty fast for Zenfones if you're wondering why they're slow it's just that Rog is an complex device to work on / develop for
Once stable 10 drops Luca (LOS), micky (Omni) and other devs will develop for Rog 2 so even more options!

Evil_Sylar
Star I
Anders_ASUS

I hear you all. Loud and clear. Ofc it shouldn't lag more on ROG Phone II than on any other android phone. iPhone is a different story because they sell millions and millions of each model which means that each iphone have Tencents full attention.

But that doesn't mean that we can't optimize from our end. To be able to find out why, where and when it lags on ROG Phone II, I need a lot more information from you.

Anyone that feels ready to spend some time by helping me with detailed information and logging your device? Please tell me here and I will send you a PM

About three users should do. Who's up for it?

View post
I can help you with the same. You can PM me the details.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Palmah

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/47097#Comment_47097

I could,hit me up,as a comp player my experience would probably be helpful

View post
Great! Thanks! I'll send you a PM

Hello Anders

Please let me know when you are available !

I am e the similar problems mentioned in the thread here.

Extreme lags and drops on PUBG .

sagarreddysag
Rising Star II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/46135#Comment_46135

Kek 720 "liquid retina" gimmick (+ an LCD for 50k)

+ It's 60hz with no so great latency

Rog is still a beast and its sales are only gonna increase now 😄

They launched fricking 8 betas to polish A10 as much as possible and a "gaming device" has a dedicated beta program + dev program+ arnova is getting the device so good gcam development

So they got my respect there

Armory crate + Rog UI+Zen UI features is just lub

Go on buy whatever you want tho

Your money your wish!

I'll just down the things Zen ui does better than other Ui's

1. Unlike other OEMs you don't need root to access secondary lens (wide angle ) in Asus phones

2. You don't need root to add fonts ( looking at you oneplus)

3. Scheduled charging (custom timer>ai learning)

4. Audiowizard (it's great! Both for the customisations it offers for headphones and speakers, outdoor mode is an added bonus)

5. Quickswitch

6. Google feed in stock launcher

7. Zen UI basically covers all features and is 99.9% stock almost all non essential"BLOATWARE" has been removed

You only get the essential"Asus apps like calculator, dialer etc" and Google stock apps

Armory crate for Rog is a godsend being able to oc cpu,gpu,fan speed and for being in total control and deciding how much your device should throttle

Rog's usp isn't updates it's it's hardware and you mentioned it's still on October patch to that I'll mention that the beta is on Jan afaik + stable update will carry the latest security patch ( btw why do you care so much about the being on the latest patch lol)

+ Nothing much changed from pie to 10 it's just the Gestures (which many people don't like )

Ik you want to be on the latest possible firmware but consider that it's an complex"gaming oriented" device so it won't get faster updates, all you can wish for is "stable feature based updates"

I'll mention this too:

Black shark 2 pro and red magic 3 launched alongside Rog 2 and they're still on pie with no beta programs, no dev programs and no ETA for android 10

Asus has been pretty fast for Zenfones if you're wondering why they're slow it's just that Rog is an complex device to work on / develop for

Once stable 10 drops Luca (LOS), micky (Omni) and other devs will develop for Rog 2 so even more options!

View post
U think I care about android 10 ??‍♂️.
I only care about pubG lol that is why I brought this phone insted of op7t pro . All I need is the smoothest gameplay as much as possible .
All I want is best performance that is why I asked updates as there will be impact on game performance also when the mobile is up to date .
Lol are u really kidding me Telling those words about Apple ? . It's display may suck or maybe it's only 720 p , has low touch latency but that is better than dying in game cuz of lagg . iOS optimization is the best there is . Lol are u really trolling Apple ??
Do u really know the meaning of gaming phone - best peak performance than any other phone that can produce for games . This is the real moto of gaming phone .
As u said if it give same performance as op7t or huawei then what's the meaning of gaming phone they could have kept it just "phone".
Look really if u understand the problem then comment . Pls don't comment false comments without playing games or having game experience . If u played like me for hours u would have understood the problem.