This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 Update

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Looks like Android 11 preview has already been released. Yet there's no indication or update whatsoever regarding Android 10 for the Rog Phone 2. All we keep hearing is "it's around the corner"

This is a complete joke. Can't Asus just be honest & give us a truthful response rather than making us wait and lie to us ??
24 REPLIES 24

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

If I tell you the date this can/will happen

1. We deliver on the promised date with all important bugs fixed = You're happy, we're happy. Total happiness!
  2. We deliver on the promised date even though we have unfixed bugs = Total rampage. "At least you launched on the promised date" -said no one ever
  3. We tell you the date but have to postpone one or two times because we find new bugs = 1000% more posts asking about the promised update and everyone are more miserable compared to when I say "it's around the corner"

When I said "around the corner" for the first time (which was about 1 month ago), this is what I believed and truly hoped but since then we've had to postpone three times because of new bugs that were important to fix.

We're doing our best to bring you this update as fast as we can. We know how upset you are and we hate to disappoint you but we know that it's better to wait than to give you something that isn't finished. Another famous brand made that mistake and we don't want to go there.

View post
Personally I am not upset, I know how complicated, monotonous and time consuming development, debugging and testing can be. All we're asking is for an update to this effect every once in a while aside from the usual canned responses. In any case I truly appreciate the sincerity. ASUS should hire more folks like you. Good job bud.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
shreyashshah16

@Anders_ASUS Ok take your time, but there should be a way to roughly track the process, for us. Be it Semi transparent too. Like there are tag on github repos mentioning wether build is failing, stagging or what. We can have vague number of active open Issues, number of fixed issues in last week, number of beta version released (info should available for non beta registered people too).

I don't mean that you should completely go "open-source" like, that won't happen in this millennium I know.

But the only way to make people understand the process of development,is to get them involved passively in it. Atleast they should have closer look at what exactly is happening behind the scenes.

Because then only people will know the hardwork the development team puts in, and also developers know what people are more excited about during early development. ( Like you can always Track metrics like on which build or issue people are engaging the most, and actively discussing about).

Its end to end process, we as community should work together towards everyone's good.

Please give this a thought, @Anders_ASUS, I'm sure you will have even better ideas to implement this.

Also GOD BLESS ANY PEOPLE FROM DEV TEAM WORKING FROM CHINA AND TAIWAN, and affected by Corona Virus. People are more important than software update.

View post
Ok, this is actually a good suggestion that I will forward to my boss. ASUS want to be as transparent as a company can be so maybe he will agree to this. Let's ? hope 🙂

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/46988#Comment_46988

Ok, this is actually a good suggestion that I will forward to my boss. ASUS want to be as transparent as a company can be so maybe he will agree to this. Let's ? hope 🙂

View post
Well if this goes through, it could very well be the best thing of 2020 so far in smartphone-tech community.
Fingers crossed! ??

Aryan202
Community Legend I
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/45833#Comment_45833

Hehehe, and still no response from ASUS team. They are liars and scammers.

View post
No one cares about your opinion bruh
Create as many hate comments you want 😄
Sell the phone if being on the "latest android update" is that big deal to you
The way Asus managed Zenfone 6/5z (2019/2018) device A10 updates further solidfy the point they are trying their best
A stable update would be > a unfinished buggy update anyday
+ I say again Rog is an complex phone and not your everyday mainstream phone
I'll just site this as an example
[Rollout stopped] Xiaomi Mi A3 Android 10 update messed up fingerprint scanner? You're not alone (potential workaround inside)
[Rollout stopped] Xiaomi Mi A3 Android 10 update messed up fingerprint scanner? You’re not alone (po...Oneplus too faced a similiar scenario when they pushed an buggy A10 build to oneplus 6/6t

JonoRay
Rising Star I
Android 11 is currently for developers only. The only way we hopefully get Android 11 is if ROG Phone 2 is part of Project Treble when the Betas finally release. Android 10 beta for ROG Phone 2 seems to be nearly complete so we might have some hope.
Any chance for ROG Phone 2 to be part of Google's Project Treble? (Partner Beta Program). Zenfone 6 was part of it, so maybe??