This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compass issue in Asus ROG 2

Apollofury
Rising Star II
Hey guys , i have been a consistent issue in my ROG2 , the compass calibration is off most of the time even after calibrating it multiple times . Any help is appreciated .
IG47B2UJWT49.jpg
I get similar message in google maps .
@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS
11 REPLIES 11

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I don't know. So it's never correct? Not even if you follow these instructions + doing the eight a couple of times while being in compass mode (click location button twice) in google maps? Please say my name when you reply so I get a notification

Apollofury
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

I don't know. So it's never correct? Not even if you follow these instructions + doing the eight a couple of times while being in compass mode (click location button twice) in google maps? Please say my name when you reply so I get a notification

View post
If I follow the instructions+doing eight a couple of times while being in compass mode in google maps it stays correct for a few days then goes back to the inaccuracies again , sometimes within few hours , there is no period frequency with which it occurs , just that it occurs very often .
@Anders_ASUS

Daulat
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

View post
Yess, the compass calibration is very poor. It needs a fix.
It's always poor and event after calibration it's just moderate level(on google maps)
Screenshot attached with it. I just opened the app and accuracy is at low. Like 20-30 meters shift
3NAYEI0MR6VR.jpg

@Anders_ASUS

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ApolloFury

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/46443#Comment_46443

If I follow the instructions+doing eight a couple of times while being in compass mode in google maps it stays correct for a few days then goes back to the inaccuracies again , sometimes within few hours , there is no period frequency with which it occurs , just that it occurs very often .

@Anders_ASUS

View post
If it can stay correct for a couple of days, then there's probably nothing wrong. If you had answered that you need to calibrate several times during navigation, then there would be a problem but it really depends on your area if it's normal or not to calibrate.
When I travel with subway and start navigating in urban areas with a couple of tall buildings then there's nothing strange about having to do the eight motion a couple of times before I start walking