This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer is coming do something about heating

PowerCat
Star III
I dont care android 10 as much as I care about heating. Any game with or without heating is causing the phone to reach 42degress. I know all phones heat but still it should be able to handle it.
7 REPLIES 7

duy_h_vu
Rising Star I
PowerCat

I dont care android 10 as much as I care about heating. Any game with or without heating is causing the phone to reach 42degress. I know all phones heat but still it should be able to handle it.

42° is not heat lol. I manage to push the phone to 50° and still running fine???

RS
Star III
Lol cooling is not going to improve much with software. For ROG Phone 3, maybe they could drastically improve the cooling like having a swappable back cover with exposed heatsink + fans

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
PowerCat

The temperature depends your ambient temperature and at what temp you allow your phone to throttle. In the games profile scenarios (Armoury Crate) you can set game temperature to low, default or high. For some games, you won't notice that it throttles the CPU because it's mostly dependent on the GPU. This may even extend your battery life.
Easiest way to find out if your game needs high CPU speeds is to lower it and then measure the fps.
ROG Phone II doesn't get hotter than other phones on the inside but since we have a vent design that lets the heat out, it feels like it's much hotter than another phone that could be running much hotter on the inside.